Topic

MAIL issues again

I'm only getting my mail from the auction house if i force a new queue of items. On rare occasions rebooting the game also forces the mail, but not always.

Example:
I buy 4 silver tongue. 2 hours pass, i buy a rubeweed. When i buy the rubeweed, my silvertongue shows up.

Posted 12 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• it seems to have fixed itself....
  • ANNNNND now it is doing it again. I only get my mail if i force the mail queue either by buying something new or by canceling an auction.
  • If your auction purchase doesn't show up by frog after 15 minutes, reload the game (refresh the browser page) and check your mailbox. It should be there. You can also check the status of delivery on Your Auctions page.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, adding to Zany's followup- the delivery frog icon in the auction status means it's just been purchased, and awaiting to be flown to you by the frog. At the time the frog disappears, it's on the way to you. Say you are in an instanced location- the delivery frog won't deliver it to you in that case, it will go to mail in about 10 minutes. Timing auction purchases right now (from the admin side as well), it seems like it's working as expected- when I go to an instanced space for a long period, I don't get the delivery, and it goes to mail. When I'm in world, the frog appears for me.

Having said that- I see you are posting with Internet Explorer. IE is notorious for not refreshing a page to show you the new content as you would expect, even when you hit the reload button. In some cases, you have to hard refresh a page to force it to let go of old content and show you the new. If you are viewing mail from the web application, and not from your butler or a mailbox (you didn't tell us where, but I'm guessing it's from the web site), I'm going to guess that IE is just not refreshing the mail listing properly even when you reload. You can check these offsite instructions for forcing the page to refresh everything (just refresh the page, don't clear all your cache). Or, switch browsers to Chrome or Firefox; they handle this (and a lot of things) a lot better than IE does.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink