Topic

Never ending Ancestral Lands

With the new housing it is now possible to go /home during an ancestral land run. When you return it counts as a new trip, even though the timer has never run down and you didn't have to wait for a cool down period. This means you can quaff the ancestral land potion over and over and stay in the ancestral lands indefinitely.

I'm not sure if this is intended or an oversight with how the new housing works.

Posted 12 years ago by SkyWaitress Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You could always run out of the ancestral lands before your time ran out before the new housing.  And since you didn't go over the allotted time, you could run back in.  If you have 30 seconds left on your timer and you go home and then immediately go back, you still only have 30 seconds.  I haven't gotten scientific with it, but you do earn some time back while out of AL my guess it is at the same rate as the overwhelming nostalgia debuff of 3 minutes to 1 minute of AL time.  At any rate, it just seems like there should be a cap on how many ancestral lands potions can be quaffed in a game day. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Malus Agricola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think there needs to be a limit per game day, only a limit per "true" trip. I'm not worried about people leaving and then coming back, I just don't think it's right that a trip /home resets your trip and allows you to use potions indefinitely with no 30 minute cool down.
  • It doesn't reset your 'trip'.  The guilt stops accumulating when you go home, and starts again when you re-enter the lands.   If you go home briefly and go back to the lands you'll see this is how it works - at least that's how it works for me. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's not about the timer resetting completely, because of course it does not, it's about being able to use AL potion after AL potion with only a second out of AL.

If you try and use another potion without going /home it says you can only use one per trip. If you try and use another seconds later after going /home it's no problem. Your "trip" is reset. This feels like an exploit to me.

If it's not I'd love a quick word from staff saying quaff away and I'll be more than happy to do so.
  • The quaff loop sounds like a minor exploit (you still have consume the potion) which I expect to get nerfed (eg a 7 minute debuff ala teleport cooldown).

FWIW pent up nostalgia decays at the rate of 1s every 2 Earth seconds (aka 50% of real time). There is a 10 minute penalty if you hit "overwhelmed" and get kicked out.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink