Topic

I can't add anything to my yard except dullite rock

I have three empty plots in a row, the yard is extended as far as possible but I keep getting the message "you need more yard" All the yard has is a large herb garden, a mortar barnacle and a peat bog. Everything on the yard menu is grayed out except for the dullite rock. Most frustrating

Posted 12 years ago by Jo Jo Ruffledspouse Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Do you have enough imagination to install the other resources?
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yes, it just keeps saying "You need more yard space" 
  • Your profile now says you have;

"A Firefly Swarm,9 Jellisac Growths,3 Mortar Barnacles,1 Peat Bog,1 Spice Plant,1 Bubble Tree,2 Egg Plants,2 Fruit Trees,1 Gas Plant,1 Bean Tree, and 15 Crop Garden plots"

That's a lot more than  a large herb garden, a mortar barnacle and a peat bog . Does that mean you succeeded in adding more resources or that is wrong?
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a bubble tree, four patches, barnacle pod, peat bog and a large herb garden in the back yard. I would like to add a second herb garden, and with three patches I thought I could do it. Can't even add a small herb garden. Do I need to remove a patch,and if so how do I do it.
  • You can only add items if you currently have enough UNDEVELOPED space to add that item. You cannot place new items over other items and have it take their place. If you want to add another garden, I suggest removing one patch at a time until you have enough contiguous space to do so (keep checking the cultivation options after each removal to ensure you don't remove too many items). You can also try nudging things over to see if that gains you some space. To remove any developments you'll need to either exhaust the resource or pour wine of the dead on it. 
    Posted 12 years ago by foolbunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jo Jo Ruffledspouse wrote: Do I need to remove a patch,and if so how do I do it.

Yes.   Each resource, whether patch, garden or rock, needs a different amount of yard space. Currently you have enough space for the smallest item, dullite, and you want a larger resource, a garden 

To remove a patch, or any resource, you can

1. Use it until it comes to the end of it's lifespan.  Then Remove and Restore. For tree patches you will also have to kill the tree.
    or
    2. Use Wine of the Dead
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah yes, the painfully obvious! OF COURSE I had to remove patches....hits self upside head...once I did I had lots of room..........thanks for everyone pointing me in the right direction. I now have three lovely herb gardens. Thanks again
  • LOL! Glad we could help and hope you enjoy your new gardens :)
    Posted 12 years ago by foolbunny Subscriber! | Permalink