Topic

White Screen of Death; Possibly Super Harvest related!

For awhile now, I've noticed that rapid animal/tree interactions occassionally (sometimes frequently with piggies) causes the game to suddenly turn all white with a grey (!) in the middle. It doesn't lag or anything, it just POOF white screen (hence why I call it the white screen of death, it acts just like a windows BSOD).

It seems completely random, and it happens the most when nibbling pigs on a 'very tight' piggy stick configuration (where you can hit enter very fast while moving the mouse to each selector spot, in order).

What I ultimately noticed is the super harvest rainbow animation is always in the middle of playing when it happens. It also happens occasionally when you go to harvest another tree during the animation, but it happens randomly, so it's hard to reproduce. My theory is it's related to a bug that causes the music to never return after a super harvest. I sometimes notice the super harvest rainbow sound sometimes partially replays somewhere in the middle of an existing animation too.

Is it possible that a super harvest rainbow attempting to start at the same time that an existing one is going is doing this? The game may not like two of them at the same time when it's bugging out.

Curiously, this only started being noticable after updating to the latest flash version back in June. However, it happens on every browser, every machine I have in Windows 7 and Windows 8. I have not tested to see if it happens in Linux, but I think Linux isn't on the latest flash version normally.

Posted 12 years ago by Lorraine ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Huh- interesting observation Lorraine, will pass it on and see if we can do that too- thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink