Topic

People unable to join an open group

Aussie Glitchers says 'anyone can join', but I'm told (by BumbleBeez) that people want to join and can't - that it seems to be restricted to invitation. Can you please check this out, it should be an open group.
thaks

Posted 12 years ago by Emu Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Just to clarify... If you scroll down, usually there is the section that shows a list of members & an "invite" button... But I can not see one & therefore can not invite some of our new found Aussies into the group!
    Posted 12 years ago by BumbleBeez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You need to talk to the administrator of the group.  There are a couple different settings that control who can issue invites.  Admin may have made it so that only admins can issue invites.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also note that there is a limit on the number a groups people can join.  If someone is over that limit, then they can't join on their own and need to be invited.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They can :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Juju Boss Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this group has been going for a long time, how do you know who is the administrator and what if they are inactive?
  • I don't see any problem with the group, and was able to join right away. As WindBorn said, an admin can make it so members do not have an invite tool. This is up to the group admin to control. And per Aurora Dellaterra, a player may have hit their limit to number of groups they can join groups. I'm not certain the group admin is active, so if you want to create your own group and pick up from there, make your own group settings, someone is welcome to do so.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok thanks Kevbob... The issue was with those in max groups needing the invite to then join, but the invite not been accessable by anyone...
    Lol, Not sure there's enough of us Aussie to make a second (new) group but thanks for the feedback/response!
    Posted 12 years ago by BumbleBeez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Devs, are you able to reset the admin for a group? What happens to groups where the original admin is no longer playing? It shouldn't be necessary to migrate all the members to a new group. In this case it's a small group so that's probably the simplest solution but it would be a hassle if it was a big group.
  • Hi Emu- we won't actually reset group memberships/admins/preferences for groups players open; that's why I suggest that if active players aren't satisfied with what options are available to them in a group, they can start one as well. 
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink