Topic

Piggies in my back yard are starving!

Hi, 

I've had the same three piggies in my back yard since way before the housing reboot.  I have had a fruit tree in my back yard of both houses and typically leave some beans on the ground for them to nibble.    I also have three chickens and three butterflies in the yard if that affects anything.

About two weeks ago,  all three of my original piggies went to the little BBQ in the sky leaving me a pile of meat each.   I have raised three new piggies from piglets, but now, when I log-in every day or two, I find my piggies starving and unable to give meat, despite the fruit tree and beans being available to nibble.   I've had one of my Piggies born just last week already die from what I presume must be starvation.  I found her meat pile when I logged in. So sad. (but delicious)   I never saw this before in my old or new house.  

Did something change?  Is this a bug?  Did my original piggies have SuperPiggyFeedingPowers that my new piggies lack or do my new piggies have an eating disorder?  I do not have (never had)  the remote herdkeeping skill required to use a piggy feeder.

Thanks,
Corduroy

Posted 12 years ago by Corduroy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Pigs require us to pick their fruit to get some for themselves. SO if you don't "shake the tree" they will soon run out of "droppings" on which to survive.

I am also logging on infrequently and lost a couple of pigs to starvation even though I had a feeder, since it appears they increased the amount of food or rate at which food is ingested. I changed a bunch of fruit into apples so I can hand feed them one each after pettings (as a sign of good will and keep them happy), and I added a couple extra feeders to avoid losing my last two (although having said that, my guess is that they'll up the eating rate again as if I'm going to spend my real life on glitch all the time (snorts)

(in find it interesting that when I was logging on daily, the rate at which food was leaving the feeders was slow enough that it should have lasted four or five days. Left for two days and came back to find two dead. The game is rigged to induce us to indenturing ourselves to feeding it. One more strike against..

If you don't intend on logging in on a daily basis, I's suggest that you get your AK skills sorted out so you can use the feeder, since it is now seemingly more imperative than ever.

Make sure to have a few chickens as well and butterflies if possible, since piggies like the company of other animals.

If you have a friend with sufficient AK skills, I'd suggest that you ask them if they'd be willing to fill a feeder for you on a regular basis until you have the skills necessary to maintain an existence outside Glitch
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You have to use the tree for the piggies to eat from it

Piggies do not thrive from food dropped on the ground and will not last very long that way

Three piggies are not very many so why don't you just feed them from the verb menu until you have the skills to use a feeder?

If petted piggies won't give meat drop , NOT feed, one grain, just one, more  does NOT work, so one only, in front of it. He will. 'Yum' and then you can nibble.
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had three piggies in my yard for months and months but now they keep dying.   I raise new ones and do exactly what I did when I had them forever but now they just starve to death.  Something in the game has clearly changed.  I logged in recently to find my last Piggie dead.   I give up.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Corduroy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Before you leave the game today, start learning Remote Herdkeeping.  Once that's under your belt, you can fill a piggie feeder and they will not starve
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On a related note, multiple feeders apparently don't do the job. Logged on a few days ago to find mine dead, with two feeders full to the brim and one empty.
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've had the same problem. I have a feeder and use it, and I harvest my trees every day or two when I log on. They still die if I'm gone for two days. There doesn't seem to be any point to buying another feeder, since the one I have isn't doing the job either. (Someone is bound to ask if I'm keeping food in the feeder. Yes.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Supershero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How many of you with this problem are using pig sticks?
    Posted 12 years ago by Etna Subscriber! | Permalink