Topic

Random key adding

I have had a key from a friend re added. I know she did not send it as not been on since June. I have two other friends so far that had had keys from friends re added today. Also no message pop up to say keys have been taken back or re added?

[See staff note below for explanation- kevbob]

Posted 12 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Same here, keys were added to mine too and I already had those keys. Those friends haven't been on lately either. Sure wish there was a way to arrange our keys so we can put the ones we visit often on the first page of keys.
    Posted 12 years ago by GarthBnut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, I had a key pop up from someone today that I already had a key for.  Kinda messes with the order of my keys as I like the ones I visit most often on top.  Wish we could arrange them the way we want them!
    Posted 12 years ago by Cabinwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also have 2 keys added 13 hours and 14 hours ago that I did not previously have.  Both are from good friends but that is not the point, I know they didnt send them! And as above one of them hasn't played for several weeks. 

And that raises the question:  have my keys been given out to anyone that I am not aware of??
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder if this has anything to do with fixing the bug that some of us had where absolutely no keys showed up on our keyrings. Maybe it was some sort of automatic script and that's why people are seeing keys coming from players they know aren't online? I doubt any keys were randomly issued. It looks to me like some already-issued keys were simply reissued. So I'm not worried that my key has been given out to anyone I don't know about.

In any case, I seem to suddenly have keys again, after months of having an empty keyring. So, hooray!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello!

Sirentist is right, bug fixing. 

So, yesterday we fixed a number of key related bugs that had to do with old housing going away. In a nutshell, some keys that had been given out a long time before we went through the final housing change were "lost" or never associated with new housing in the game. In some cases, players had been given keys by friends, but the keys never appeared on their keychain. Also, some players simply could not access any key information, keys given to them or given out- the UI would not show them. Players with keychains like that should now have keys, and keys which were generated for old housing but were never revoked should be appearing. 

Sorry about the confusion with this folks
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the info  and fix kevbob :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...so if I gave people a key ages back that disappeared when keyrings were reset...does that mean those people once again have a key to my house? They're not showing up on my keyring list as keys given out, so I'm not sure. I had been rather relieved when all the keys went bye-bye, and now I'm wondering how many are out there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If they do not show on your keyring as having been given out, then they don't have a key, VS. If you have any more specific concerns about it for double checking, you can open a help case.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink