Topic

incredible sluggishness at home

Did something change about two weeks ago in the way stuff in the home is drawn?

It now takes a very long time for things to "settle down" and for verbs to start working when I visit home for the first time.  I do have an unreasonable number of SDBs, but things were manageable before.

Now I don't even like to start playing since gardening is so incredibly slow that it's always lecturing me about leisure, and clicking on just about anything leads to the spinning wheel.

I'm over here writing a message right now, hoping that whatever loading is necessary will happen in the background and be done by the time I get back...

[a few minutes pass]

...hmm, things seem just a bit slow now, but not anger-inducing.

I guess the new normal is starting the game, going home, and then making myself a sammich or something.

Posted 12 years ago by Biff Beefbat Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I have found that visiting towers induces lag.   After a few tower visits I reload the game. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After some more experimentation, it's not just slow in the house.  I guess the house was so slow, I never had enough time/patience to go out and explore.

Things are slow enough in Ur, that if I'm looking for something on a street, I can walk right past it while it hasn't been drawn yet.

Something changed recently, although I dunno if it's the engine or network lag.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biff Beefbat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's an existing topic this would be better for.

Note the posts from Jono in there.

(Also, we recently stopped the moving cubimals in your packs and in SDBs; those contributed to some problems.)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink