Topic

"The invite was unsuccessful."

Hi there.  I excitedly tried to invite a friend as soon as the invites opened, and got the following self-contradictory message.

This invite was unsuccessful.

• t---------@gmail.com
  • They have an invite, but haven't responded yet. Nudge Them?

I'm inclined to believe the "was unsuccessful" bit over the "have an invite" bit, because their e-mail address does NOT appear in my "sent invites" list to the right even after numerous tries, and on the homepage I'm told that I still have three (not two) invites available.  I e-mailed my friend for clarification but haven't heard back yet;  I'll report back when I do.  BUT I FEAR THE WORST

(Edited for formatfail.)

Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks- if there is still a problem and they can't get in, please send a help ticket, it's easier to help you for something like this with private invitation information.

(Those aren't self contradictory actually- if they have an invitation, and their address is in our database as having sent them one, we won't send anything- your attempt to send them one will be 'unsuccessful')

After your help case followup, that is what we found out- . :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohhhhhhhh!  Of course that makes sense.  It had never occurred to me that someone might have a Glitch-playing friend who's not me!  Thanks for checking, kevbob.  I've given the reminder link to my friend as you suggested.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink