Topic

Bug in the new Tutorial when accidently disconnected.

Is there a bug thread already started that I didn't see for the new tutorial?  I sent my mom an invite months ago and she finally started tonight.  We found a bug, not a fatal one, but it was REALLY annoying.  She got disconnected during the second area (where you meet the flamingo(es)) right after getting the jumping upgrade (you try 3 times and forces attention off to the side where there is another iMG so you can get the upgrade).

When she reconnected, it started her all the way back at the beginning when she first met the flamingo(es) and even thought she already had the walking upgrade and such it still made her go through all the dialogue again. (slightly annoying) She was able to pick up all of the iMG again, except for the one after the failed jump attempts where it focuses you off to the side to get the iMG for the jump upgrade.  That iMG didn't respawn, and so she kept getting pulled off the platforms if she wasn't careful.  I had to help her calmly and quickly make her way to the teleporter, while the event kept getting called up insisting that she take a nonexistant quoin every 3rd jump, where she was able to advance without any more problems once she was out of that map. (extremely annoying).

After that the only problem we had was that the extra iMG that she got gave her enough to force the upgrade cards to open for the map upgrade early.  Since the tutorial was not ready for that yet she never got an explanation of how the map works like was shown in the video I watched, so I walked her through it after she reached the real world.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I've never reported a bug before or posted in the forums (I don't think) but this seems like a pretty major bug that could really throw off a new person without a veteran helping them.  

Thanks
~ Kae ^_^

Posted 12 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It's really helpful if the person experiencing the problem submits a report by clicking the bug icon in the game (possibly not available that early in the tutorial) or by going here: http://www.glitch.com/help/report/
    Still, I'm sure the staff is glad to know of the issue!
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks a lot Kae, we'll look over this- much appreciated!

Edit: And, this should be fixed for new players who get in this situation.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks ^_^  You guys are awesome.  I usually do all of my Mom's tech support stuff, so I wasn't sure how I was going to get her to send in her own support ticket.  She's more likely to ignore or avoid it if she can.  Glad one more bug won't be around to confuse the mass of new Glitchens!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink