Topic

Phantom tower item in Glitchmarket and Glitchremote

Both Glitchremote and Glitchmarket have been showing for 10 days that I am selling a reshuffle card for 399 in my tower. I have not sold a reshuffle card in my tower for at least a week.

This is really annoying and embarrassing. People think I am hiding the card and trying to trick them.

I submitted a bug report to TS and they told me I should contact glitchremote and glitchmarket.

I believe it is a problem with the glitch api because both sites display the same error.

I am so discouraged about this.

Posted 12 years ago by Miss Bobbit Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Problems with third party tools need to be sent through the application authors, sorry about that.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry, I just fixed it in GlitchRemote (manually) (There is a bug with some information that comes through the API)
    Posted 12 years ago by UXRoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • UXRoot, I filed a bug report about this, since it appears in all the 3rd party apps that show selling SDBs.

I was unable to tell kevbob which API call was being used, so they are unable to track the bug.

For example, when you look at what broccoli seeds I am selling, you will see two SDBs when there is only one.

Would you please file the bug report so we can get staff working on this.  Apparently giving them links to 3 pages of 3 different apps that display this bug is not sufficient.  Not only do glitch remote and glitch market display this, but an app written by ping has the same problem.  It seems quite clear that it is an API issue, and not a 3rd party app issue.
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I already did. They know about the bug, I sent more information about this specific case to Bees, maybe that helps to solve it.
  • Indeed, there are more than just these 2 inconsistencies in the data reported by the API. I have seen quite some differences, in general items that are no longer available but are still reported as such by the API.

If I recall correctly, there used to be a similar issue with the auction house API a few weeks after it was introduced.
    Posted 12 years ago by Heatseeker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm having the same issue  Glitch remote shows seeds being sold at a different price (and a different amount) than what I have them at.  Is there any way to fix this?
    Posted 12 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TS is working on a fix... in the meantime, I added a checkbox (at the bottom of the HS pages), if you check it, you will see only SDBs that were updated in the last 5 days.

@Synnia: I just went to your Tower, and there is one item that is wrong. if you use the checkbox it will hide that item. sorry, but at this moment is the only solution I have.
  • Well don't I feel silly!

A little poking around shows that Tiny Speck and the application authors knew all about this bug long before I ever noticed it, much less reported it.

http://www.glitch.com/forum/api/24727/
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Bobbit Subscriber! | Permalink