Topic

Can't get in....is it just me? EDIT: All's well now

Since about 7 am PDT I have had problem getting in. About an hour ago, I got in via FF but  I can't teleport from home to another region. The page starts loading but stops at 49%. Safari won't even let me into the forum page. fyi, I'm on a Mac desktop and have not had a problem using Safari or FF until this morning. Anyone else having problems getting in or moving around Ur?

Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I haven't had any issues; have you tried this page? www.glitch.com/help/test/
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have problems loading up everyday, Greygoose, so I sympathise but then I also use IE Explorer plus I have a touchy router.
    Many days I just give up and go play or do something else...even (shudders) television.
    o.O
    Posted 12 years ago by Toad in Bloom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Tom. I did test. Last 3 items failed. I don't have a clue what it means, though--lol Report forwarded to ts per their request.
    CDN1 Global Failed (timeout after 5000ms)
    CDN2 Global Failed (timeout after 5000ma)
    Bsandwidth Failed (timeout)

Did test while on FF. Will try to get in through Safari to run test on that browser.
    Edit: Just tried Safari and Chrome. Glitch still won't load using those browsers.
  • I  had a very similar problem yesterday. Finally I closed everything and rebooted and got back in just fine.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did the self test. All checks out. But I still can't get into game. (This is true with Chrome and IE. Reloading doesn't help.)

ETA: Filed a report. Got same old same old advice about updating my browsers etc. The game was working perfectly an hour ago. What could have changed with my browsers in an hour's time?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Mollie. Trouble loading the game can often be resolved by a simple browser reload, but I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work in your case. It looks as though you've found your way online now so thankfully this was just temporary.
    Posted 12 years ago by MrConkin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm having issues setting map destinations...ie it won't let me.  Is this the same problem?  I've tried rebooting several times at home and at work (shhh...don't tell) but I still can't get it to work
    Posted 12 years ago by Kavita Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That'll be a different issue Kavita! Are you certain you're not trying to set a destination while on a Home Street or in your Home? If that's not the case, feel free to submit a report and we'll take a closer look.
  • @ MrConkin: I've sent in a couple of reports and did the fixes Michael suggested in FAQ, but still can't get in game. I've tried shutting down computers and restarting. No luck. When I try Safari or Chrome I can't even get to this post, let alone into game. Everything was hunky dory last night, but this morning starting at 7 am PDT I've been locked out. This hasn't happened for months and months. When it did before, it had to do with upgrading Flash, but that isn't the problem this time. Any suggestions?
  • GreyGoose, have you tried restarting your network hardware as well? It looks as though your CDN and Bandwidth tests are failing, which could be on your end or could simply be a result of poor network conditions between you and us.
  • @ MrConkin: While I may have wifi in my home use a desktop iMac in my home office connected to the DSL cable, and use a MacPro laptop when wandering throughout my house, I am a complete dud when it comes to network related matters. The notion of fiddllng with network hardware gives me the hibbie gibbies. I will contact the Geek Squad. Jakob the Wizard will sort me out. I thank you for looking into this.
  • Hi!

I'm having the same problems as GreyGoose and it just started today. I get the world Glitch page and it just keeps reloading. It only started for me today.  I was also just fine as of last night.
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Senorita Snerkles~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Senorita. As far as we know there is not an issue with logging into the game. If you're experiencing connection issues, you're welcome to perform a Self-Help Test to see what's up.
  • I can get in the game, but I'm stuck in my home street.  When I try to go to world it says "You can't do that yet".  I can to to a friend's home, but I still can't get back to the world.  The "Back to World" bubble is also blank, rather than showing the world.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kayote Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ MrConkin: I tried restarting router and modem. Didn't work. Contacted Charter Cable. Everything fine at that end.  So I gave up and went back to my day. On a whim I just now checked site and voila! Everything is fine! Passed all items on self-test. So whatever the problem was, it resolved itself, somehow. Whoo Hoo!
  • MrConkin,

I got in to the game with no problems today. Thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Senorita Snerkles~ Subscriber! | Permalink