Topic

Trouble Getting into Game

Something about missing engines? Is it just me? I've tried in three different browsers ... and forums are super slow as well. Even getting the glitch homepage is taking a long time.

Is this something on my end that I can do anything about? Or should I just sit here quietly shaking and stifling the sobs?

Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Same here. The self-help tests are failing intermittently too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zog Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ..and they fixed it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zog Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, we are working on it folks.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I managed to get back in and I am never logging out again, EVER.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Kevbob.  
    Not sure if it's related but I can see duplicate postings w/regards to friends' snapshots up to about an hour ago on my homepage.  
    Safari & Chrome seem to be okay now.  Alternating between pages loading slowly or no access to the site (connection reset) on Firefox.

ETA: Thanks for the clarification and the subsequent fix.  Cheers x
    Posted 12 years ago by Christine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Snaps processing interminably… having to reload.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey folks- a number of things will probably be slow from our side right now, so it will be independent of browsers. We haven't quite stomped it out, but we're working on it.
  • when the IP 107.x.x.x is the first one in the load balancer... everything works. when 23.x.x.x is first... it doesn't

ETA: always cleaning cookies before tests so the AWSELB cookie is deleted
    Posted 12 years ago by UXRoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • now the game responds... but api.glitch.com/crossdomain.xml doesn't, so a bug message shows and the game works anyway. I tried to force the IP 107.x and it didn't work anyway...

ETA: now it works...
    Posted 12 years ago by UXRoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Folks, things should be settling down again. Sorry for disturbances in the force!

This was a very specific issue that was caused from issues on our side. That has been fixed; for general loading problems, please look at the Known Issues topic at the top of the bugs forum for specific instructions.