Topic

Flash memory usage made worse with update?

I got the update earlier saying the memory usage was being fixed.  Since that update, my game went from using about 600K of memory, to now its at 968k. That is much worse, not better. I have nothing else running on my machine, and I have relogged twice. 

Edit to add, by the time I logged out the game was using 38% of my ram and 1.2 gig of ram.  Much worse than before the udpate.

I have windows 7 and firefox (Flash Player: (Version 11.3.300.270)

Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hi Innie- actually the memory footprint did decrease; perhaps there was other Flash activities in another window, or the browser was still running and still had some taking up memory. We did some more tweaks this morning as well (per a reload we did a couple hours ago) so see how it goes with a freshly launched session.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh no idea there has been some memory update :O
    I miss this kind of post, gives us some keys to understand what's going on
    And we're back in beta aren't we?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kevbob, I'm still really have a problem with memory being used up at alarming rates. I have rebooted twice tonight. After visiting about 12 streets, harvesting and tending some gardens I went back to my street. I could barely move, chat was lagged out, and the ability to type anything in game was impossible. I opened up task manager, and this time only the game was open in firefox, and my memory usage was at 955k.

I will try using google chrome when I log back in a bit.
  • I started wondering if maybe my flash was corrupt. I just uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled flash.  Lets see if it's better.