Topic

News updates from a possible stranger are appearing on my home page

I opened the home page this afternoon to see five updates from a player that I didn't recognize.

These weren't comments or replies - they were two skill completions (Tinkering I and Penpersonship I), two achievements (Promising Lush and Hollow Leg Award), and a level up (Level 4). Scrolling back in my news stream I see an achievement from yesterday that I didn't catch (Pork Fondler).

I checked my friend list and I checked their friend list and we're not on each other's list. I haven't connected with Facebook or Twitter. And I don't recognize them as anyone I may have invited in the past.

They appear to be a returning oldbie and these are their first interactions with the game since May.

http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PIFDIL78FD01TLN/

EDIT: Well, making friends with someone named Bender admittedly sounds like the sort of thing I would do. If there's Dev Dark Arts involved in name-changing maybe that's what's happening here?

Posted 12 years ago by snippid Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• They are probably a player you have previously friended that has changed their username to something you don't recognize. It happens all the time.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Markonius is a dev account, previously named Bender.
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink