Topic

My Quick Fix May Help You

I have been suffering, and i mean SUFFERING, for about a week with disconnects and reloads. The LAG was just soooo bad.  I was even blaming one of my fellow Glitches because it became worse every time she logged on [or so it seemed].

I upgraded Java, upgraded Flash and checked my modem and wireless router, which I think once I reset the router that's when most of the problems cleared up.

Well I just played ONE whole hour with no interruptions.  What a dream.. I wish I didn't have to do RL stuff.

Some even recommend clearing your cache, but I would only do that a last chance because you lose too many streets, passwords, etc.

I am not a high tech person, just tried some "old" procedures the more educated have shared with me over the years.

Good Luck :)

Posted 12 years ago by Qizara Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks Quizara!

Agreed, clearing cache is a last resort type of thing; we don't want you to reload street information if you don't have to. In *some* instances, for persistent errors that don't go away, it is useful to try it once. But in general, no. We cover some of this in our loading FAQ, which is useful to go through.

To be sure however, the game uses no Java. Updating that doesn't make a difference for Glitch. Folks often confuse Java with JavaScript, so I just want to be clear that an upgrade in Java, while you may want it for other things, won't make a difference here. JavaScript is something that the browser itself handles, when a browser is updated to a newer version, it will include any updates for JavaScript. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have been playing glitch in a number of different locations recently, and I can attest to game lag having a lot to do with the overall network performance.  Speedy internet makes a difference, period. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink