Topic

Need computer help from anyone techy

I was fine two days ago with all three browsers on this vista 64 bit home premium laptop here is what happened.opened a new browser opera,well it would not take adobe flash. got it deleted then all heck broke out. now motzilla goes black page from home page that is working okey but not game page, then internet 9 browser ask for to download adobe every time I start up computer again for to play.have ask outside techs no one seems to know how to fix this
anyone got any idea google chrome is the only one that works now.and I do have adobe 11.3.

Posted 12 years ago by Jellybelly Baby Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I'd check add and remove programs for anything that looks super odd. Then even uninstall Firefox. Then reboot. Then install Firefox fresh from web. I'd do the same with adobe products too. Sounds like removing opera may have removed a dll (dynamic link library file) to get adobe and other browsers to work correctly.
    Could also try windows repair if you have the install disk
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chrome has Flash baked in the browser. That's why it still works.
    IE requires the Flash 'Active X' plugin. Firefox requires a different Flash plugin.

I would go to the Control Panel and Uninstall both Flash plugins;
    then go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and re-install
    Posted 12 years ago by Meezley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You might find the following thread helpful as well

http://www.glitch.com/forum/bugs/25404/#reply-265278
    Posted 12 years ago by Breezy Meadow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not really a bug here, but was probably better for this forum. The link above from Breezy Meadow is useful for issues with Chrome and Flash 11.3.1, which you used to post this topic.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We have done everything, a technition checked and when we removed opera it took with it some ext for adobe, also it added an - add on -that had a virus. We bought a new Wdws7 HP and now am a very happy camper.The old laptop now can be used by hubby myself for photographs.That vista machine was 5 years old and wore down lol.Thankyou kindly for everyones help.
    This is hubby using gassy jack for jellybelly baby.Again ty for all your kindness.She is very busy setting up her new toy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gassy Jack Subscriber! | Permalink