Topic

11 to 1511 quest makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

I'm stuck on this one and have been for awhile. I finally got enough of the emblems to get to 1500. So I got to 1515 and it asked me if I wanted to spend 15 points to PotionMaking, which I picked also because Ti is a primary giant for that skill. I hadn't spent an emblem of Ti before, though, so when I spent the 15, it didn't do anything. So I assumed I'd have to spend one to activate it. Did that. Still nothing. So then I went and spend the other 4 emblems I had in my inventory on that same skill. Not only did it not put a dent in my time learned, but it took all my emblems. I'm still at 0/1500, so I went back and donated to get to 1511. Spent it again, nothing.

It says spent 1511 favor points in one go....but there is no possible way of spending all 1511 in one go. I can't find anywhere an option where I can type in and change the number to tell it what to spend. Or am I misunderstanding this? I'm seeing from other forum posts that people have had luck with just spending some random number like 12 or with combining to other giants favor points. But I'm the unfortunate one who has spent points and now has nothing to show for it. Can someone please help and tell me EXACTLY what it is I need to do to finish this one? It's been sitting in my quest log for 6 months now. 

Also, side note to the developers and content creators...WHY is the explanation of this one quest so confusing? It's a horrible one, honestly, perhaps want to consider changing it again or taking it down altogether. 

Posted 12 years ago by Evaline Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Get to 1600 favor with your preferred Giant, then donate up til 1511 (or more, I've heard it works with more as well) and then spend your favor points.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, so what you are saying is I have to get another emblem, I can't just stop at 1500 but I have to get it from 1500 to 1600, and then start donating again on the 1600 range one until I hit 1511 or slightly more (but don't go over 1599 because then I'll have passed to 1600 and I can't go back) - and then spend that 1511? See, now that actually makes sense to me, at least I think it does! I'll try it - thanks for helping me, it may sound silly but I also feel like I'm not the only person confused by this! Also, sucks that I have to go almost two more whole rounds of donating....ugh so hard to get musicboxes and other rarer items like metals to donate and get through the points!
    Posted 12 years ago by Evaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It'll get easier, I promise.  As your skills improve, so will the frequency and quality of your item drops while farming, petting, and so on.  Some people like to cook or craft things and donate those;  that, too, will become easier.  Trust me, you'll reach 2000, 3000 and higher before you know it :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying, Evaline. ^^ I was a lil confused by that one too, helps that folks can give a clearer description of what to do. Good luck!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I ignored this quest, and ended up just doing it by accident along the way.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator IX Subscriber! | Permalink