Topic

Quest Interruptions

Hi I know this has been mentioned before. The number of times Pet Rock tells me about new quests is criz-azy. He's yammerin' at me all day long. I'm trying to do something like the Rainbow Run and he's yammerin' at me. Quest quest quest! I love them, yeah, but sometimes it's so yammery in here that I can't think.

Posted 13 years ago by Sasson Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yeah, I agree that it can get to be a bit noisy, and also kinda counter-productive, because if I'm doing something else and don't want to be distracted from it, I end up just clicking through the dialogue, which a) is a shame, because that's some great dialogue, and b) makes the whole thing rather pointless, because I can't possibly keep track of so many quests, so I end up just having to go back to the log anyway when I'm ready for a new quest to see what the heck the rock was going on about.

It might be nice if instead of popping up and disrupting your focus, he maybe just went "Pssst" up in his corner at you until you were ready to listen. Maybe this could happen after the first few levels to avoid confusion for new players. And it would be good if the notices were staggered a bit, especially if you've learned a few skills before actually playing because you were at work or because your internets are down and the full game doesn't work on your iphone yet or whatever :)
    Posted 13 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm agreed with katlazam.
    It'll be good the rock not popping out dialogue after the tutorial finished, instead just put a big question mark or a small talking bubble when he got something to say
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeroillan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good ideas in the replies. Rock guy is sooo annoying.
    Posted 13 years ago by green lantern horn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah the Quest options were like shore-side cruise offers. I also found I could rarely read dialogue in the game box because of the number of info boxes at the top of the page ( energy mood- map..etc) If I didn't think to look off and down right I missed things entirely. The dialogue is great, when I can read it.
    Posted 13 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed. The dialogue is one of my favorite parts of the game, along with the clever naming of areas/actions/animals. I noticed later today that some quests did begin just popping up at the magic rock as a "1" symbol at the upper left, signaling that there was another quest to be read about. Perhaps this was something they remedied with the quick update this afternoon?
    Posted 13 years ago by Andi Handipants Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be nice to be able to just tell your rock to "hold all calls".
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink