Topic

Can't see the pig, also "Pet the damn pig"?

The pig in the tutorial is not showing up for me. Also, "GO AND PET THE DAMN PIG ALREADY!" is not nice at all and gave me quite a shock when it came out - especially since the rest of the game seems so cute and family friendly.

Posted 13 years ago by Cedia Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Cedia, did you manage to get out of the opening tutorial? If not, please reply here or find us in the help channel, and we'll help you through. Oh, and that pig notice should be changing too.
    Posted 13 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, there's lots of stuff that's not *exactly* family-friendly, like a emphasis on making and consuming alcohol, and all the pervy pig and butterfly comments/achievements.

It doesn't bother me, but I'm not sure I want to explain the subtleties of some of it to my daughter.
    Posted 13 years ago by Delphin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, imo, that kind of humor gets stale. I'm already bored when I see a new zoophilia joke. ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Delphin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like it when glitch yells at me. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Mursock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meer - This isn't really a kids game anyway. No one said it was.
    The little TV-14 comments here and there are one of the first things that made the game endearing to me.

The world is obviously a little twisted - there's alcohol (multiple types of booze), drugs (No-No Powder), sex (you mentioned this) and many, many non-raunchy jokes that will go very far over a child's head.
    Exposing your child to a game with these things is sort of a "you get what you didn't pay for" kind of thing.
    Posted 13 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually, a further thread is here which points out even more adult aspects of the game:
    alpha.glitch.com/forum/gene...

I forgot you could actually MAKE the cocaine/No-No Powder.
    Posted 13 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's sex in Glitch? Clearly I need to level up faster.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, the butterfly milking quest *is* titled Happy Endings for All! ;D
    Posted 13 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "There's sex in Glitch? Clearly I need to level up faster."

And with a name like "Nanookie," at that....
    Posted 13 years ago by Peter Verona Subscriber! | Permalink