Topic

creating new elements

I attempted to make a seasoned bean. I had all the ingredients and it allowed me to click to create. However, afterward it said 'oops wasn't able to create'.
This happened to me earlier when converting a cherry to a lemon but it must have gotten fixed because I can now perform that function.

Posted 13 years ago by Toby Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Where you low on energy at the time?
    Posted 13 years ago by Jade Subscriber! | Permalink
  • um, i'm not sure. If that's the case maybe there can be an informational message saying I don't have the energy to make it or something.
    Posted 13 years ago by Toby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • there usually is such a message, top left.

it fades away after a few seconds tho.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if your skill levels in certain areas (such as the alchemy ones) isn't high enough, sometimes it doesn't work the first time (ditto for grinding spices, changing bubbles, making gasses, etc). Usually if you try again, it works. BUT, if it doesn't, work on the learning of that area of skills (the skills learning area usually tells you what the skill is useful for).
    Posted 13 years ago by Andi Handipants Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you don't have enough energy, it pops up immediately and says something to the effect of "Oops, nothing happened. You don't have enough energy to complete this task". If you read the whole error, it is definitely explicit about *why* it didn't succeed.
    Posted 13 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had this a few times, I think it was to do with not being skilled enough — sometimes it's hit and miss. Would prefer a more informative error message that told me it wasn't a bug, but a part of the game.

(Likewise, I'm always confused with gardening: I click on my patch to hoe,water or harvest it and it says "Whoops, that failed". Did it fail because I did something wrong? Or does it just sometimes fail? I'd like a bit more clear language)
    Posted 13 years ago by wurzel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of this is due to bugs, some due to not-yet-awesome notifications. Oh, and gardening is pretty bad still. It will get better!
    Posted 13 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink