Topic

Donating to Giants, default selection issues

When things are not responding quickly (and when some clicks seem to get lost), apparently, I have a tendency to issue an extra click.

This caused me headaches yesterday with the giants, because an item was donated without my intention. Worse, I couldn't even tell what had been given.

So,
a. I think there should not be a default item selection for the giant donation thing
b. There should be a message about what you actually gave, more than "oh, one of these?" kinda thing.

Oh wait. It probably wasn't a default item selection... the second click probably selected a specific item that happened to be under the mouse. I wonder what the right solution is for that. But yeah, minimally, I'd like to know what I just gave up by mistake.

Posted 13 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• yeah, i've had a similar thing with the donating interface.

I've also accidentally given other players items - that could do with a confirmation click
    Posted 13 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I lost a perfectly good Orb this way, +1 on confirmation click.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • haha, that's what i lost too!

I was distraught...

I've had someone accidentally give me their watering can, but they clearly didn't realise and ran off.
    Posted 13 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1.

game likely to respond less quickly as more players play, and frantic clicking/keyboarding probably will become more common, at least for me. it would be nice for giving away actions to be confirmed.
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexis Hex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Indeed, this is almost done (at least in the case of giving) – will be deployed soon.
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink