Topic

Group Limit

Just a question: Why is there a limit on how many groups you can join?

-Edgar

Posted 13 years ago by Edgar Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Three, but you can join more if you're invited.

EDIT

Oh, you said why. Nevermind.
    Posted 13 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i can't tell you why the developers put in the limit, but i can tell you why that limit is Good.

it is good because for groups to survive and be worthy of "making the cut", they will have to provide value to the players in them.

so the groups should be better, generally. more wheat, less chaff.

that, and groups will have in game implications. like members of the group might have access to special perks that each group sets up.

if people could be in an unlimited number of groups, those perks could be abused.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i think the current limit of seven is a good one.

there are three group categories that almost everyone is going to be in.

one is a "glitch strategy" like group where you can acess resources on how to play
    another would a group representing your neighbourhood, like the "groddle meadow" group
    lastly, a group for coordinating core activitives, like the "new streets" group.

there will undoubtedly be competition within each of these categories, but everyone will benefit from being in a group representing each of these three categories.

that leaves four slots.

for maybe two or three groups representing different social circles you are in [think "university of iowa glitchers", "nurses who glitch", "sullivan family glitch group" ] .. but you won't really *need* to be in any of those kinds of groups.

then there will probably be in-game "tribes" that you'll want to join or be recruited into, so groups for a couple of those .. stuff like that. this mess of categories can and should duke it out for members. these will be groups you should probably be joining, but not too many. the limit helps with that.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink