Topic

Skill's Giant Affiliation Add

So I'm pretty sure this is new, because I didn't see it before. When you hover over a skill it shows the Giant affiliation. I really like this! It helps connect giants more to the game. I can't wait for temples ^_^

-Edgar

Posted 13 years ago by Edgar Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hey, I didn't know that either! :) Thanks for the tip.
    Posted 13 years ago by Inglenook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah that's gotta be new, never seen it. Good catch there, Edgar. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Roxon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • very interesting, besides a primary giant, there are two other "secondary giants" associated with each skill. wondering what this means. maybe the devs are introducing more requirements for skills?

what seem like inconsistencies:
    1. primary giant for all Better Learning skills is Cosma, even though the emblem of Lem is needed for BL3.
    2. primary giant for both Blending skills is Grendaline, even though all the primary giants for all other Cocktail Crafting and Pot related skils (all food skills) are Friendly and Pot respectively.
    3. Refining 2 requires "Spent First Emblem of Tii" while the EH, A1, A2, IA, S, R1 and R2 skills' primary giant is listed as "Ti" (2 "i"s vs 1 "i", it's spelled using 1 "i" on the leaderboards page).

wonder what happened to the paper and bureaucratic skills.
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexis Hex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yaaay! That is new! I was willing to kinda mess around and figure that out based on the achievement requirements, but I like this much better :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Matchu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It has not been clear to me what it means when a giant is "the best giant for learning this skill". \confess

Does it actually matter? (Yet?)
    Posted 13 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It does matter. The best giant offers the best conversion of favor into learning time reduction.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ouroboros Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ouroboros has got it right: the primary giant gives a better speed boost than then secondaries — and though spending favor points with *any* giant will speed up learning *any* skill— the secondaries are also much more efficient at speeding up.
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink