Topic

Emblems and Skill Learning

It is tiresome to try and earn enough giant favor to gain an emblem and gain some skills. This is stalling my progress and making me lose interest in the game. There is a ridiculous amount of homage you need to give in order to get the emblem. Maybe some people think that you need to spend that much time--for me it's a bummer.

Jus' sayin'

Posted 13 years ago by Mac Rapalicious Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You are probably going about it wrong. If you donate things that are worthy of the giant's attention you will get favor much faster. Try gems, music boxes or even some fancy drinks.

You should have more than enough time while learning the previous skills to get all the favor you need and then some. Not that there is any reason to rush the learning process anyway.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cainunable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Cainunable but I have been playing for a long time and already had earned plenty of skills. A bit back there was a change that required adding emblems to get to new levels of skills. So maybe this is just a slowdown for old players. :-)
    Posted 13 years ago by Mac Rapalicious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You also get favor from leveling up, from many achievements, from contributing to jobs, etc. From a design perspective, we want to create some tension between spending points to speed up skill learning vs getting and using of emblems (of which there are but a few users presently, but there will be more).
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, I got all my favor mainly from two things: favor quoins, which are really fast, and from mining. Mining can give pleasing amber, moonstone, and other gems that are very valuable. Then, you make some shrine powder, sprinkle it, and donate. It went very fast from there.
    Posted 13 years ago by Roxon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Roxon that is good advice - I didn't know you could make shrine powder!! Maybe it will make the favour thing go a bit quicker for me :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Asphodel Nyx Subscriber! | Permalink