Topic

lag?

I'm getting LOTS of lag on my Macbook. It's about three years old, but I am getting some LONG freezes and glitches that make the game almost unplayable? Any advice?

Posted 13 years ago by erik Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Here too, and my computer is new. I'm sure that is the game server.
    Posted 13 years ago by Faluk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually, it is usually the client, not the server.

Here are a few things you can try:

1) Use a different browser to play the game than the main browser you normally use (otherwise the game will be sharing resources with every youtube video or google spreadsheet, etc., you have open in another tab). —— this one is the most important!

2) Restart the browser before opening the game.

3) Make the game window smaller (narrower and, especially, shorter): the renderer is flexible, so you can adjust the size, but the bigger the play area, the harder it is for the game to keep up.

4) Right click on the game and set the quality to medium or low in the Flash menu (it's hard to tell if this makes a difference or not, but worth trying).

Of course, we will be working on making everything faster as we go … the last little while has been a lot of feature-adding and not so much making-faster ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used Firefox instead of chrome. Works MUCH better!
    Posted 13 years ago by erik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm having the same issues and tried the suggestions to no avail.

I'm running Glitch using Firefox 3.6.13 on Ubuntu 10.04 (hardware macbook core 2 duo). Checking CPU usage shows around 80 ~ 100% use linked to plugin-container. I assume this points in the direction of the Flash plugin having a hard time. I'm using Flashplayer (libflashplayer.so) 10.1 r102

Feel free to contact me for me info or testing.
    Posted 13 years ago by Beta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The flash version might not properly optimized for your flavor of linux. I've heard similar complaints on other flash apps with the current version Adobe is offering. But that is just a guess.
    Posted 13 years ago by DiB Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah chrome is the problem. I love chrome tho so its really sad but one good thing is that I created a Mac app for glitch so you dont need to go to a website or anything! enjoy! cl.ly/3pGi
    Posted 13 years ago by Lil' Mac Subscriber! | Permalink