Topic

Thoughts from a newbie...

500mb of ram. Seems ridiculous, and it would be nice if Glitch was less of a hog on my resources.

1. Donating ingots to projects - Terrible. Hard to find a project to complete this quest. Maybe a nifty interface (or map marker) for current projects?
2. Cheese vs Fancy Cheese - Why won't fancy cheese work for recipes that require cheese?
3. Energy - Seems overall low. You can hardly do anything without filling your face or meditating.
4. Navigation - Takes a while to understand and orient yourself in the world. Also, can we get unique icons of shops (grocery cart for groceries, etc)?
5. Mining - More mining areas? The one we have gets crowded and hard to mine in quickly.
6. Quests (overall) - Some are easy, but they get extremely difficult to complete, and I end up ignoring a good portion of them.
7. End-surveys - Would be nice to present new questions, but not a huge deal.
8. Skills - I LOVE the mobile version! Great job!
9. Transportation - I thought it would be a "if you discovered the location, then you can teleport there," rather then "you can hearth back." Not terrible, but would be nice to clarify that.

Anyways, great job guys! Looking forward to the next round of testing!

Posted 13 years ago by Chewmieser Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• i agreed with all of that :D
    Posted 13 years ago by LarsLikesMilk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On 3. Your maximum energy levels goes up as you level. Energy used on actions are also reduced once you climb up the right skill tree.

About the game taking a lot of resources. They're planning on optimizing the game even more once stuff starts working the way it needs to. Premature optimization is bad.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ixirim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I was reading about the premature optimization and whatnot.

The energy issue just sucks if you jump into mine / smelt / admix... And it would be nice if I could replace food/drink with pure meditation, but I guess that's not a great way to keep the economy regulated ;).

Also: Chrome/Chromium apparently don't like the game that much, and cause most of the issues. That's fine, I don't mind reporting Chrome bugs.
  • I also agree with a lot, we are building new worlds as we go, some of which have rocks. The cheese you get from butterflies, a bunch of people are lobbying for public transit (maybe a portkey?)

Good on reporting though if something is crappy now is the time to change it.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ani Laurel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chewmieser, here's a little hint: find yourself some Earthshaker drinks and enjoy one just before you start a mining session. (And climb that Mining skill tree toot sweet.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Earthshaker, eh? Thanks for the tips... Can't wait to play again :p!
  • In fact, there's one on auction right now, so you can be all set to try again next time....
    Posted 13 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found the low energy to be a non-issue once I got Croppery going. Cabbage seeds are cheap, and cabbage has very high energy density for the slot cost. I can farm enough to fill 8 or more slots with cabbage, and then mine until I get bored.
    Posted 13 years ago by Levee Subscriber! | Permalink