Topic

Facebook connect in Chrome 5

Hi guys,
Just signed up for the alpha. As a Chrome 5 user, I saw a warning when I tried to use Facebook connect, telling me that due to a bug in Chrome 5 it might not work and in such a case I should try another browser. I was very surprised because I don't remember having problems with it before (and it seemed a little unreasonable to me that Chrome 5 would not support Facebook Connect).
When the authorization page did not load, I was very close to switching to IE tab, when I realised that the problem was the pop-up blocker. I allowed the pop-up, and the authentication went fine.
I suggest you check whether this is happening to other users. Perhaps if you open the authentication as a new tab and not as a pop-up people will not have problems with it...

Anyway, thanks for the invite. I'll be sure to check out the game world when it re-surfaces :)

Posted 13 years ago by Oscar Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I got the same problem and switched to Firefox, which I had the wrong profile signed in to. I then cancelled the FB Connect. Does anyone know if theres still a way to connect with FB?
    Posted 13 years ago by Fizio Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chrome 5? Isn't the latest Chrome 8?
    Posted 13 years ago by Rykos Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We will get this sorted out soon: sorry about the inconvenience!
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink