Topic

a half day??

So, uhh... I thought test sessions were supposed to run longer this time... Good thing there was time for those workin folk to get home to their computers.
Will it open up again soon?

Posted 13 years ago by Cap'n Bob Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hooray for college kids on winter break with text alerts :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Fizio Subscriber! | Permalink
  • follow @isglitch open on twitter. they tweet whenever the game is going to open. the said "next week"
    Posted 13 years ago by Nine O'Five Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Working folk had no problem getting home before it closed anywhere east of SF's timezone.
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Unless you're much further east (Asia) and wake up to find it all happened while you slept :(
    Posted 13 years ago by nao Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It'll be nice when it's open 24/7
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Apparently i need to pay more attention to that twitter. They really need to put that info on the site somewhere. What about people who dont use twitter, or people like me who dont pay enough attention to twitter and those once a week tweets get lost in the tweet-a-minute stream that bombards the corner of my screen so often it gets ignored 90% of the time.
    They could even just display the twitter stream on the alpha website. I look at that more often than twitter even when the game isnt running.
  • "It'll be nice when it's open 24/7"
    +1
  • "They really need to put that info on the site somewhere."

We have the Game Status listed on alpha.glitch.com, but it isn't the most prominently displayed bit of information. You can also sign up to receive text messages to your mobile phone via @isglitchopen on Twitter.

I'm going to see about getting the Game Status added to glitch.com as well.

Thanks for the feedback, and more testing next week …
    Posted 13 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Twitter doesnt work like that with mobile phones in Canada. You can get apps for twitter but you're limited to that.
    I've seen the game status on the alpha.glitch site. It says Open or Closed. The twitter is apparently what tells you when it will be open and for how long. That's the info I'd like to see readily available on the alpha site.
  • We use @isglitchopen to let players know when tests actually start and end, but we don't often give a lot of specific test schedule information in advance.

There's been talk of letting players know when a test is starting via email as well, so once that's in place it should be helpful for those of you who happen to miss the twitter announcements.
    Posted 13 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink