Topic

Emotes

This was mentioned in the middle of another thread that I can't remember right now but I figure it needs it's own thread.
I'd like to see animated (maybe even audible) emotes eventually. They should be accessible through character menu as well as through the use of /commands in the chat (/hi to wave, /lol to laugh, /dance, /rude to stick out your tongue or something, /whatever else we can think of).

Posted 13 years ago by Cap'n Bob Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• /nod!
    Posted 13 years ago by Zeek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • /no
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • and smileys - anytime you type :) or :( into any chat your character mimics that. ;) or that
  • /ThisisnotWorldofWarcraft
    But I have to say I would like to see the emotes more frequent, or add some kind of value to the game... For example if you do the angry emote to a pig it flees away.
    Well, scrap that last thing, but emotes are pretty cool; just don't go the boring-overused way.
    Posted 13 years ago by Slokda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did you know you can press 1, 2, or 3 to emote? I just discovered it on the Help page.
    Posted 13 years ago by Quintus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "But I have to say I would like to see the emotes more frequent, or add some kind of value to the game... For example if you do the angry emote to a pig it flees away."

emote based pig herding.

i quite like the idea of functional emotes.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • a high enough hearding skill might unlock the /herepig emote. It might call all piggies within hearing range (small street or 1/2 a large one - maybe increase range with skill) to within view on your screen for at least 30 seconds after which they continue to wander randomly.
    Of course your character would animatedly and audibly call the pigs :)

@Slokda yes i realize this is not WoW, however WoW is not the only MMO to use visual and audible emotes.. if fact, is there an MMO that doesnt?

@Quintus Thanks, I had no idea, I'll have to check that out :)
  • yes, there are many MMO's that use visual and audible emotes,
    and I am pro emotes,
    but I rather work with the numpad to use emotes then the /,
    just because it is something different.
    Posted 13 years ago by Slokda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • emotes yes! love also that hugs to others make your mood go up! +others moods.. More of that is a good thing..
    Posted 13 years ago by willow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Emotes help encourage interactivity, even a simple text action such as /smile converting to 'Flugel smiles' in the chat window would help imo.
    Posted 13 years ago by Flugel Subscriber! | Permalink