Topic

"Party Scraping" in Nottis?

I just noticed a verb on the Super Scraper that I hadn't noticed before: "Party scraping on". I'm not sure how long it's been there, but the description says "Slow down so other players can join you," which seems designed for cooperative scraping.

This sounds like something that would be good for Nottis, if people would try to coordinate Ice scraping. Everyone knows that multiple Glitchen can scrape the same Ice Nubbin at the same time, but has anyone explored the best (most cooperative and effective) way to harvest Ice in these busy streets?

Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• "Party scraping" is an option you use to temporarily disable the faster scraping upgrades, allowing groups of players to scrape comfortably together. It's existed for a while now. As far as I can tell, those upgrades do not affect ice scraping, so using that option will have no effect in Norris.

Edit: According to the upgrade description the upgrade does affect ice scraping, so this option should work. Of course you still have to remember to turn it off whenever you're scraping alone.
    Posted 12 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For me, even with Party scraping off, it still takes time to scrape the ice (not nearly as fast as Barnacles).
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't realise the 'party scraping' option was there until last night. I didn't have it activated but have been nubbin scraping with a group for days and having a great time. We've gotten pretty efficient, but our main strategy has been simply to wait for as many of the group as possible before we start scraping. Not fancy or perfect, but it's been great!
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, party scraping is not hard, as long as people are polite enough to wait for others to get lined up at the nubbin.  Some groups tend to just bop around together, and some develop systems for calling out where the next ice nubbin is.
    Posted 12 years ago by larky lion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always party scrape!

t would help if folks would not stand directly in fromt of the nubbin. That way other players can just mouse click the nubbin to scrape.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nice, the new update gives bonus Ice for party scraping!

To bad it's hard to tell which Ice Nubbin people are scraping when there are several close together.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's why I prefer people line up on the one they're going to scrape. It's when people are using the mouse to select the nubbin that it gets confusing.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Still, party scraping rocks. Got all my badges last night thanks to a party!

--Me
    Posted 12 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink