Topic

What's going to happen to this game's code and assets?

Are all of the game's code, images, music, and everything just going to be stored on some hard drive in a basement never to be seen again? Or will they be made public? What happens if sometime down the road an angel investor decides to revive Glitch?

Posted 11 years ago by Keta Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I wanna know about this. What if one glitchen hits the lottery someday and we can buy it and make it our pet project? I love this game so much if I ever could afford to purchase it and get it back up and running, I would.

I wish we could all purchase "stock" or "shares" of the game, and let it become a gamer-owned game, fueling the Devs and letting them continue their work. We could advertise and make this game the hit it deserves to be... for many adult gamers who don't really feel like they have a home in online gaming. There's tons out there... I wish we could do that. I know a lot of companies in the red do that and they become employee owned. It would be super awesome.

Ah well.
    Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by lalalars Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You might be interested on this response from Stoot in other thread: archive and export
    Posted 11 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mikah: thanks for the link, and it was good to read that, but it still doesn't answer what's going to happen to all of the source code and game assets.
  • Keta: I have had this discussion with one of the staff members who are staying on with tinyspeck (i get around) Some of the games assets will be going back to it's original creators, some will be sold off, some will be kept. We will however not be sorting all this out until the game has fully gone. We plan to give the gamers a few weeks left of the game that will blow there minds away, one last feat for them to remember, releasing content nearly ready for release.

*general chitter chatter removed and I'm not stating the devs name unless they want to be named*
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Keta: inside that linked thread you can find this little gem "doing what we can to make the game go out in style, building tools to archive and export" being archive and export the most interesting piece.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, thanks Mikah and Santa Clause :)