Topic

It is not worth knowing: a short tale of the end of Ur

Inspired by It Ends as it Begins by Ayasta and A Meeting with Tii by OMG Bacon!!!

==========

Mal'akh, Primate of Lem, Primus Inter Pares of the Orthodox Church of the Giants of Ur, Hubby of Aranna, Shriner of Mullangi Meda stood and watched as his friends made their way back into the inner mind of the Giants. He stood atop one of the last remaining peaks of Groddle Heights, beside him waited Gravel and Wadsworth, his Magic Rock and Butler. He could hear his animal friends jostling for space in their bags, each had been given a dose of Animal Youth Potion so that he could carry them with him. His Craftybot Stupid was bouncing around his own bag crafting stuff even now.

On the horizon he could see the the Rook amassing their forces for what would be their final attack. Their racous cries, sharp beaks and claws will disrupt the imagination of the already tired Giants and their shared imagination, the world of Ur, would disperse like a dream.

"My Lord Lem." he addressed the Giant floating nearby."I know that a great number of Glitchen have asked this of their Giants... What will happen to us Glitchen after Ur is gone?"

Lem's central eyestalk rose and look directly at Mal'akh. As he spoke Mal'akh could feel Lem's sadness. Lem was hurting as all the other Giants must be hurting, but he still had his sense of humor and he made light of the situation.

"I do not know my little Glitch and have I not said that what I do not know is not worth knowing?" he said as all the eyes on his left side winked.

Mal'akh nodded at his patron's words.

"You and the other Giants will still think of us Glitchen, yes? You will remember us just as the Dirt Patches asked us to remember them? So that we will still exist within you."

"Yes my little Glitch we will remember you... all of you. And maybe someday when we Eleven escape the disruption of the Rook we might be able to think of funny things once again."

Mal'akh smiled and nodded, tears streaming from his eyes as he hugged his Emo Bear close.

"I am sad to go, but I hold hope in my heart that one day we will all do funny things again. Zzybzfrx! It's time!"

As the squid-shaped like being materialized beside him to take him into Lem's inner mind, Mal'akh gathered Gravel and Wadsworth to him and added his voice to the chorus of the last song of Ur.

And that’s what this game was
We were in their thoughts
We went and made them bigger
And we played for a long while...

Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• *sniff.....SOB!!!!!*
    Posted 11 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This made me tear up.
    Posted 11 years ago by Elendraug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a good ending. I will try to think of us all being gathered into the giants' minds. And someday, maybe, they will imagine another world for us. sniff.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And now it's raining on my face again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am at a loss for words, this is fantastic! I'm wondering if someone out there is compiling all these fantastic stories, because this needs to be in it. Thanks for reminding me of what I should put in my story once I set it to be view-able online (probably in a writing blog). <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *sob*

Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw Mal, this is sweet :) Hugs! And lotsa lobe :)
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uggggggg Mal, you got my eyes leaking the wet stuff again!!!! *giant emo bear hugs*
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad I can write "thank you" for this, Mal'akh. I'm too choked up to say it.
    Posted 11 years ago by ElleD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This made me tear up. [2]
    Posted 11 years ago by Kieley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's absolutely beautiful, Mal.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.  :)  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some tissues...
    Posted 11 years ago by Grem Sketch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow.. this is a beautiful story
    Posted 11 years ago by Cafsurfine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • speechless. beautiful. thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by bludwaggie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Beautiful!
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink