Topic

Message v. Clicking on Rock

I found it confusing that I didn't click on the rock to get my messages since the talk bubble came from him. Saying click "here" to read instead of just "click to read" may have saved me the confusion. It just isn't clear where to click.

Posted 14 years ago by Flickerfly Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Agreed. Also, when I clicked the watering can in the beginning of the game, it moved me back almost a whole screen to the left, had to walk back to the tree.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed. I keep clicking on the rock and wondering where my new messages are, since I have to click on the speech bubble to bring them up. Bad UI choice there, or just make both work the same. Maybe just make the rock wiggle when there is a new message, I don't really need a speech bubble to say "click here".
    Posted 14 years ago by Pookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 , not a huge deal having to click under the rock, but fixing it so that messages can be read when clicking on the rock will add an extra bit of polish.
    Posted 14 years ago by Koopa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Agreed. Also, when I clicked the watering can in the beginning of the game, it moved me back almost a whole screen to the left, had to walk back to the tree."

same here. that was weird.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was intuitively trying to call Quests window by clicking "Q" on keyboard the same way I would click "M" for map
    Posted 14 years ago by Desh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 14 years ago by .gatto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree, opened and closed the rock a couple of times before i tried clicking the bubble.
    Posted 14 years ago by Cayden Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe clicking on the rock could have a message tab and a quest tab? This would seem a simpler UI to me.
    Posted 14 years ago by Flickerfly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not totally sure why, but "L" is the key which brings up the quest _L_og.

Also, the "I have a new message" way of doing things is about to go away ... forever!
    Posted 14 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yay :)
    Posted 14 years ago by .gatto Subscriber! | Permalink