Topic

Staff Topic

Key Commands in the World

There are several newish key commands in the game. I whipped together a quick Help page (which will be fleshed out more in the future) that lists them. See top right navigation. This will be edited and added to as we go.

The best ones, in my opinion, are the three that make your character show emotions. But, the cmd-enter or ctrl-enter to enter/exit the chat pane are also perty handy.

Any other common functions that you'd like to see quick keys for?

Posted 14 years ago by Mr. Burka Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• thank you thank you for the command to toggle to/from chat!! can we also tab through different chat windows?

anything that reduces reliance on the mouse is good.

i also want to take the opportunity to say how much i looooove grr-face.

/grr !!
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You'll see it in action... the ctrl-enter thing toggles between game area and then cycles through any open chat windows and back to the game area. As you'd suspect... joy!!
    Posted 14 years ago by Mr. Burka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay, I found myself using solely keyboard commands for everything. I would use Enter to select and item and use keyboard keys to scroll through to the option I wanted.

To take this further, I'd like keyboard controls to access the bag. There are 16 slots, plus a further 16 in a secondary bag, so I appreciate that it would take up a lot of hotkeys, but giving the 16 primary bag slots Shift-Q, Shift-W, Shift-E etc, and the secondary bag slots 0-9 and Shift-Z, Shift-X, Shift-C etc. would be something that I would use.

've played many games before that give you the option to customise your own keyboard shortcuts by implementing a drag and drop system. All you have to do is throw up a keyboard in a setting, and drag various skills/buttons/items to it. This gives added customisability that I think would be highly useful.
    Posted 14 years ago by TGDT Subscriber! | Permalink
  • not sure i'm going to use the expressions much, since i'm not sure how to actually express "at" anyone without being in proximity to them, and generally i've only been in proximity with other people while bounding past them on my way someplace else.

expressions not being in line with text means that i'm probably not going to catch an expression made by someone i'm talking to.

i guess the expressions are more for our own benefit than for other people's? or maybe to encourage glitch based machinima?
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink