Topic

Staff Topic

Rock better where it was

It overlaps watering and petting options and is often clicked by accident while trying to water and pet. Looked better on the side without beams. Beams were good for intro.

Posted 14 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I disagree. I like it where it is now.

I also much prefer the new Pet Rock interface.
    Posted 14 years ago by TGDT Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yes, respectfully I must say I am with TGDT, I like it a lot better, especially the rock menu. I can't wait to find out how to make that Teleport option activate! I suspect it has something to do with meditating.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the new rock, not gonna lie. ;)
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Personally I'm inbetween on this. I like rock in the middle when I'm interacting with it or likely to check on a task. But perhaps after a moment or two it could move to the side unless I click it again?
    Posted 14 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in-between as well. Mostly I didn't mind the placement, but it did get in the way of a pet icon at one point, which was frustrating. The beams were cute, but also occasionally distracting -- they'd catch my eye out of the corner of my vision when I was looking at chat a couple of times, and I'd think 'wha? huh? is there something i should be looking at? oh no, it's just the rock.'

the new interface was also cute, but it ended up feeling like I was having to click more to see the quests. this could just be perception however, if it always took 2 mouse clicks to see the quests. however, the teleport option is intriguing (I don't think it's meditation-related unless it's connected to one of the highest levels of the skill), and I should probably just be remembering to use the L key shortcut to see my quest log instead.
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure having a small laptop would make a difference, but since the avatar is most often situated underneath the rock but the rock often overlaps watering and petting icons as well as other action notices -- primarily the beams. However, nostalgia has been known to get the best of me.
  • (If it helps, those pet/water icons do not have much longer to live in their current form ...)
    Posted 14 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Turns out it is my small screen. I'm on a 13"(?) macbook. After I collapsed my dock, bookmark toolbar and browser toolbar, the rock isn't in the way as much. I can also see more game play area that wasn't visible before (ie. the buy and sell tabs in the emporium).