Topic

Arrow keys work 50% of the time today.

Or less! Makes the game a lot harder and less fun. Pout.

Posted 14 years ago by Skunk Baxter Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I'm seeing a similar issue, though it seems like something provoked it, I'll have to see if I can figure out what.
    Posted 14 years ago by Deej Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm. I think it happens when I leave the browser and then return. Maybe my browser gets jealous.
    Posted 14 years ago by Skunk Baxter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Using Safari, no plug ins.
    Posted 14 years ago by lauraglu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I seem to be getting 'jammed' on other players, especially when I enter a new scene / street. Clicking with my mouse usually frees my avatar, but the arrow keys will not get him loose.
    Posted 14 years ago by Ricky Skaggs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was able to switch windows a few times today without the movement keys disabling.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was having a devil of a time in Safari, with the arrow keys going out every few seconds. A restart and switch to Chrome and everything was fine.
    Posted 14 years ago by Ozu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine also worked at Glitch will...Sometimes AWSD...others,directional keys,and sometimes only A-D-and space bar.....and mouse .Same effect whether I.E,FF, or GoogleC.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When I entered a new street, my avatar was stuck in the air in a jump position..... after I clicked on the screen, it did free up my avatar. I was also lagging when it was a high traffic area. I do enjoy the use of the WASD keys for movement.
    Posted 14 years ago by Kitwryn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It seemed to me as if the freezing and lagging just started after a few hours of playing. Not sure if that was due to more people entering the world or more temp data stored. I didn't have any problems in the beginning of yesterdays test round.
    Posted 14 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a known issue - mostly in Safari & Chrome - that happens when switching back to the game after being in another window. It's high on the list of fixes.

Oh, and this type of topic is best posted in the Bugs forum. For next time: alpha.glitch.com/forum/bugs. Thank you!
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink