Topic

Trading

Was there a way to reject some or all of what someone was bartering? I traded a few times and apart from closing the trading pop-up, I couldn't see how you could keep the barter going but reject an offer.

Posted 14 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This was just the first release of the player-to-player trading, and it will improve over time. For now, if you want to negotiate during a trade you can use chat to barter with the other player. At some point we'll be adding more effective bartering tools.
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, and if you have ideas for trade improvements... by all means, share them with us.
    Thanks!
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i wasn't able to figure out how to offer something up for trade, but was able to initiate trade.

it'd be cool if as i walked around i had a sign over my head indicating i had items available to trade, that people could check out.

then they could attempt to barter for something, or buy it.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about a resale market place in the new market st.complex for all Glitizens to post their available products and prices.Or a weekly news paper that lists events like at flea markets,or yard sales....I'd rather go antiquing...but what ever we have will be fun.Ofcourse there is always the overhead display box you insert item into with going rate attached and both parties hit "approve" to make the trade...
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for yard sales. Every house owner should have the opportunity to purchase a display box which can be installed next to your home. You could put things in there for sale and people walking down your street can buy them (without you being around).
    Posted 14 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah a integrated auction house in the building to look at the auctions in game
    Posted 14 years ago by Alex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • setting up a vending machine outside one's house cold be cool.

or mobile robot vending machines.
  • I love the yard sale idea! +1 for the box of junk on the sidewalk to sell. :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anything sitting in a yard will be lost in the shuffle of one million yards. Building upon DizzyDazz's idea, being able to search the ads and teleport to/from the yard with the best price would help the idea along.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Anything sitting in a yard will be lost in the shuffle of one million yards."

depends on location. if your yard is in a critical location, and has items needed/helpful in that location, one could do brisk business.

of course the existing auction system makes all "sale" ideas somewhat redundant.
  • Being able to search all the yard sales makes every location good.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's why I was thinking we could move the auction house to Market st. with it's own door and room with a view..You could choose to list items individually or grouped by seller..Pick and click..I'd like to see our Avatars be able to create individual artistic items that are not sold in house as a way to raise creativity and sales items.Like artists do in real life settings.I realize that is a devs nightmare...Just a wish...
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink