Topic

Missing plug-in

Chrome worked for me for awhile, but my game suddenly froze. On reload, it says the plugin is missing. No further instructions or plugin indicators.

On the home screen I can see where my character would be and my skills acquired so far. But I can't get back into the game.

Posted 14 years ago by tiff Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• From reading the common issues in the bugs forum:

"I'm having a problem and I'm using Chrome"

Chrome has proven to be a bit more error-prone than most other browsers. It has very rigid flash/pop-up settings, and for various other reasons, it's shown itself slightly more likely to have problems than it's competitors in the browser market. This doesn't mean we don't want you to use Chrome; in fact, we like that you do, because it helps us make the game better, and when this thing goes live, it needs to work in Chrome.

With that said, if you're having a problem that isn't just something in the game acting funny (like a quest that won't complete or a piggy that won't let you nibble, etc.), I'd like to ask you to please try to reproduce the behavior in another browser so that we can more easily identify if it's Chrome-specific or something more generic.
    Posted 14 years ago by Dragon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool. Will do. It's back up and running now in Chrome. Will report more and collect screenshots, where appropriate.
    Posted 14 years ago by tiff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Safari tells me I need Flash (on Snow Leopard), but Firefox works. A new problem since the last time I played, though: no keyboard. And I can't seem to jump or climb with only the mouse, so now I'm stuck down a hole.
    Posted 14 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink