Topic

teleportation

what do you think about it?

i really like it. the interface is looks good and works well and you have to think about where to drop your landing pad, so it provokes some strategy.

there ought to be an animation when you teleport tho.

i guess teleportation 2 will allow for an additional landing pad?

any other reactions to or ideas for teleportation?

Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I mentioned that an experienced teleporter could be able to transport another person with him/her, that would be a nice gift to give someone, but I would imagine it would have a heavy energy cost. I suppose teleporting objects would be another option. I kind of like the idea of objects dropping into a street right over the head of their intended recipient, but that might actually be a bit mean. Funny to watch though.

Would it also be sadistic (or just distracting) to have teleportation go awry once in a while and transport you to wildly different places than intended?
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you mean teleporting objects that don't fit in a sack? like trees and houses? that'd be interesting.

teleporting someone with you would be interesting at double the energy cost.

it seemed weird that teleportation only required a skill, not a tool, as even meditation requires a tool.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well... what kind of tool would teleportation require? A map? A focusing nexus? An inspirational flux disruptor?

I like the last. Let's use the last. ^^
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Teleporting objects would have less energy cost than teleporting people. So if striatic were in Level 1 East and he had a modest sized ruby that he wanted to get over to me, instead of schlepping over or using the energy to come to me, he could teleport the item instead. He would tell me where his anchor point was (Groddle Junction or whatever) and I could get there to receive the item.

In fact maybe teleporting items would only work if I was at his anchor point anyway.

And then there would be the knee-slapping hilarity of a ruby bonking me on the head.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Teleporting is certainly useful. Being able to set more than one landing site would be awesome. :)
    Posted 14 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think once your teleportation skill is high enough you should be able to teleport anywhere you want in the region (by clicking on streets on the map). ^^
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink