Topic

Stolen Contraband for Sale

One genuine contraband, stolen from both the smuggler and the deimaginator! Comes complete with instructions on how to handle it so it doesn't accidentally go *poof*.

Okay we all hate these auctions but doing it in private is way worse. 

Starting bid is 25k. Public offers here only -- no IMs or mail messages, please!

Bidding ends at 7 pm Eastern Time tomorrow, July 24 (a little over 24 hours from now).

Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• of course you realise you've made me want to accept those smuggler missions I've been declining so I can figure out the glitch lol - the contraband will be mine!! (even if I have trip up a smuggler or two to get it ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay, um ... thanks for your support? 
  •  
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm interested as long as the contraband can either be dropped without a bag, placed, or put in an SBD.  If you can confirm that I can somehow display said contraband, you can consider this a starting bid of 25k.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 12 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 12 years ago by Mablem Tiipot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sadly, to my knowledge, there's no way to display stolen contraband. I've tried a lot of different things, and from what I can figure, it survives only in either a bottom inventory slot or a bag (or other container). Its value inheres solely in its potential to become a rare game item, when/if TS fixes the bug that allows it to be stolen. The bug falls into the category of "unexpected behavior," but is essentially harmless. One staff member has said the bug is low priority, and may never be something they take the time to correct.

Beyond that, the only thing that makes stolen contraband "valuable" is that it's somewhat difficult to get. 

Edited to add:

In other words, what I'm offering for sale is completely useless, totally worthless, and ridiculously easy to mishandle into oblivion.
  • Okay, that's that ... Rufus T. Firefly, I'll catch you in game or send you a mail message to see if you're still interested after hearing all about how stolen contraband is only fun if you like to sit in a dark cabinet holding it and whispering "my precioussssss."

Not that I've ever done that or anything.
  • I have to say I love the title of this thread, just sayin'.
    Posted 12 years ago by Vocable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have one too.. If anyone would like to buy one
    Posted 12 years ago by Rah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If like a few of these. Msg me people.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ashkan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ashkan you can get your own someone gifted me one and told me how to do it, it's pretty simple.  Like Sirentist said it's a bug not at the top of TS's list but being a fun thing I'm happy to share.

Edit: Unless Sirentist wants to divulge? It would give a lot of players some cool photo ops! :oD
  • Personally, Arabesque, I think it's more fun if people figure it out themselves. I've given hints and clues to people (in private chats) and from what I've observed, there's something neat about the sense of having really "worked" for it.

But obviously I can't stop you from making public posts about it. I do think it's a bit odd, though, that you are not a contrabandit yourself and yet want to reveal the technique to everyone else, ha. :) Did the person who explained it to you also feel like it was something for you to share with others? Because anytime I've told anyone, I've also threatened them with death if they reveal the secret. Then again I'm prone to that sort of thing, heh.
  • nothing to see here :D