Topic

Glitchen poetry thread!

So I dunno if you guys like writing or whatever but I like reading other people's poetry! Please feel free to post your poetry here, about whatever aspect of Ur or otherwise Glitchen existence most takes your fancy :)

Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• If you post a poem in another thread it would be neat if you could crosspost to this thread too! (Or if I see it I might ask you if I could!) And then we can see the poetic display in one place. If anyone knows specific threads where a bunch of poetry was posted it would be neat if you could link them here too!
  • The hillside moved, existing beneath boots illuminated by scattering fireflies. They huddled together and marched in an uncertain direction, whispering into the darkness.  To Humbaba, the evil presence felt ancient and corrupt. It took from him his brave followers, and revealed strange, colorless figures shivering in the mist. There was once a time when they feared him, he thought. Now, they fear the rooks.
    Posted 13 years ago by Humbaba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh, nice :) sounds ominous...
  • I know you can't name trees in-game, but this old poem just seems like it fits the spirit of the game so much that I can't help but post it.....

---------------------------------------- 

I made a new friend and named him tree  
    because he looked that way to me  
    hoped he didn’t mind  a name-doubled epithet  
    hoped he found it a-ccu-rate  and un-mis-re-pre-sen-tate. 
    they’re delicate as daisies these days.
    Posted 13 years ago by J.A.Prufrock Subscriber! | Permalink