Topic

Youtube Project - Film Making

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nytician?feature=mhee

I've done acting for a while now, but never really done much for Youtube, so I apologise for the seemingly random idea.

But do you think I should make more of these kind of sketches, and add to my Youtube account?

I love doing it and would like to continue but I guess its just a leap of faith as to whether people will like what I make.

Anyway constructive criticism welcomed!

Nytician.

Posted 13 years ago by Nytician Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I enjoyed watching it, although I don't watch much Youtube generally.

I think this should be moved to the Off Topic Forum though...
    Posted 13 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Didn't want to sign up to leave a comment so leaving it here :D

You have the sort of voice/accent that lends itself to comedy and your character sketches were quite good but I was kind of left waiting for the punchline as I couldn't see anything dodgy in the psychiatrist for the most part.

I saw a psychiatrist testing the strength of an addicts addiction by suggesting he goes cold turkey which the addict responded to as a typical addict would lol

I also saw a psychiatrist trying to assess the extent of someone's paranoia by testing their reaction to reality which, again, the person responded to as a typical paranoia sufferer would which didn't seem all that funny to me.

A word of caution too.  This is a hyper politically correct world and people can get very upset if they think you are trying to make fun of people with problems ;)

Your title suggested the psychiatrist was going to be the butt of the humour yet the patients seemed to be the ones the viewer was expected to laugh at.

Good luck with your efforts and keep at it as I think you have potential :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok thanks :)

And yes If this needs to be moved I understand, Im just so used to be in 'general' actually!

Enola, thanks for your comments i'll look at it again. To be honest im unlikely to re-record this particular one, but i'll change the title.

Im just curious basically whether theres any point in my carrying on and whether people enjoy it. (Political correctness aside, which I can work on of course).

Any further comments welcomed.

Nytician.
  • Oh a side comment is also, where would you like to see this go, what kind of things amuse you etc.
  • I thought the game addiction piece might have headed into Glitch addiction territory, since you are posting it here ;)... It reminded me of BBC stuff, which is a good thing (I'm in US), but I agree that the humor needs to be a little more obvious.
    Posted 13 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh right heh, yes I'll work on that. Im just basically trying to get some kind of consensus as to whether people will want to subscribe or watch these kind of things.

Obviously a crazy doctor like in this video is just one idea and I have many plans for other videos.

Nytician.
  • Hey thanks for all those who watched my previous video. I've made a new one which I personally think is better than the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSQzuQwTIT0

If you like it I ask that you'd consider subscribing or leaving a comment as this is appreciated.

I also ask that you go easy on me so that I can improve and tailor new content to what people like.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Yes I do play Glitch, im not just taking advantage of the forums ;).

Nytician.
    Posted 12 years ago by Nytician Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like you as an actor. I like the style, but the writing is missing me yet... Still, if you want acting gigs, maybe good to have this stuff online as examples...
    Posted 12 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, im working on the writing. Just getting used to what works and what doesnt with different styles.

Im going to try and upload another video again slightly different and see how it goes!

Thanks again for watching.

Nytician.
  • I'd love to see more development. You're really brilliant and I can tell you have a lot of talent, but try honing it. My advice is to go out for community theatre! You'll learn technique and get to know people who share your passions. I know that as an actress myself working with others is critical to finding your own voice and style in your creative work.
    Posted 12 years ago by La Mariposa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks ;),

I've just released another video, hopefully improving on the quality of both the other two in terms of acting/editing quality at least!

"How To Prepare For A Date!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04QH5_mwXE&feature=channel_video_title

Merth: I've looked into community theatre but in my personal circumstances it wouldn't be practical (excuse the irony), this is partially why im using Youtube as an outlet, but I think improvement will come! (I spend a large amount of time watching acting and just went to see 'The Wizard of Oz' on Westend as well which was fun!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd really appreciate anyone who enjoys my videos SUBSCRIBING as it serves well as motivation alongside my passion ;).

Thanks for your support, Nytician.
  • Big thumbs up on the new video!

Big thumbs down on the 5 step process it took me to Subscribe, what with the YouTube account having to be linked to a Google account now... But I did Subscribe...
    Posted 12 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hah thanks so much! I sent you a message on your channel asking for feedback but if you'd rather do it here i'd understand. The sub means a lot though as like I said its just a case of gradual improvement. What worked what didn't etc. Don't worry if you don't get time though i'll understand ;).

Nyt.

EDIT: That process got me aswell, im not sure I fully understand but I guess its google trying to make it known that 'they' own youtube now heh.
  • Hi again, just me!

Here is my latest video which personally I think is my best yet video editing wise.

The Air Safety Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mS_z-p8uG0

Thanks for watching and if you enjoy it please Subscribe!
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPu6R1I7mpM

Viral Video Spoof! - Hide yo Kids

Well here's my latest video.

=D Enjoy.