Topic

Who here plays Skryim?

What sort of class do you play? Fighter, Mage, Thief, BattleMage?
I play a BattleMage :D

Posted 13 years ago by The Mighty Dino Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Im a BattleMageThief.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jodeik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i wanna play so bad.. but my shitty tv makes my head hurt when i play it T.T
    Posted 13 years ago by Rini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • playing as pure mage
    Posted 13 years ago by Jellyfish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Level 12 Breton trending towards Mage/Thief. Member of the Companions, and I just joined the Circle (subgroup within the Companions). Have slain two dragons, found force (main quest), frost (near Evergreen Sanctuary), and fire (Dustman's Cairn, Companion quest) power words.

And there are eight other Holds that I haven't even seen? Crikey.
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been playing so much, I feel like I'm neglecting my son! Well, not really.  

But I've been doing random non-quest things. I've been mining and harvesting ingredients for alchemy. I know that your character level depends on your skills, so if you raise random non-combat skills and in turn raise your character level, does that make your enemies harder than they should be?
    Posted 13 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was a problem in Oblivion, you'd think they'd have fixed that for Skyrim (running around early in Oblivion made some of the main quests MUCH more difficult). That might explain why I keep getting one-shotted by some enemies, might not.

Just learned from the Ultimate Elder Scrolls site (uesp.net) that using your dragon shouts in smaller communities and towns cause a courier to deliver a letter pointing you to a nearby location with a power word.
  • Don't play, but recently saw a video about putting pots and barrels over NPC's heads so you could nab stuff that was pretty amusing. Beautiful graphics, too.
    Posted 13 years ago by ✰ Lorelei ✰ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There was a similar trick in Fallout 3 (also by Bethesda), where you could manipulate (not take) an object over to a corner or other spot out of sight, THEN take it, and it would not trigger any of the usual 'theft' reactions.
  • My favorite trick in Fallout 3 was reverse pickpocketing a live grenade onto enemies. 

My understanding on leveling for Skyrim is that enemies gain levels as you do, but areas have general caps on difficulty. So a bandit camp you hit in the area near where the game starts will always have lower level enemies.  Also I saw on a fan site that ruins (caves/keeps whatever) lock in a difficulty level the first time you walk into it.  So if you enter and immediately leave a ruin when you are level 1 but don't come back to clear it out until level 20, it'll be significantly easier.

I'm a big fan of sneaky warfare, so most all my skill points go towards sneak and archery. I found that very early on with the right bow and enchanted armor I could one shot 90% of the enemies I run across. Even the dragons only take about 10 shots now. Less if I can get a few off before it spots me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Baka no Kami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dual-cast lightning from across a room works well, too. Or a melee weapon with the basic flame spell running in your other hand.

But I love how variable the combat is. You can fight however you like.
  • I want to play Skyrim. Anyone wanna lend me $40 to buy it through amazon? I already have $20 credit. . .
    Posted 13 years ago by le beebs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you want to try out the The Elder Scrolls in general, but don't want to drop that much money on Skyrim, Steam is selling Oblivion for $5 for the next day or so.
    Posted 13 years ago by Baka no Kami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would play it, but I'd have to invest in a new computer.  This machine cannot run Dragon Age Origins or The Witcher.  I have to play Trine on the lowest setting.  lol  It's fine for internet and Dwarf Fortress at least.
    Posted 13 years ago by MeansDarling Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used a blockbuster rental plan. Its like netflix, but you have to go to the store and pick up a copy and you are only locked into using that one store. So I've been playing it since it came out for 8.50 (intro price). I'm playing on Xbox. While my computer is game-ready. It was way cheaper for me to get it through Blockbuster
    Posted 13 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink