Topic

JaGex shoots itself in the foot again

[quote]We’re proud to present advance details of our completely overhauled website, which will launch at next week’s update, with loads of new features and a community-editable wiki at its core!

[blablablabla]

In Other News...

- Along with the release of the new website, we will be making hi-scores a members-only feature.

This is for a number of reasons, but the main one is to keep them fresh. We want the hiscores to feature players who will compete with each other, tooth and nail, for hiscore glory. There are many dormant accounts within the hiscores that have not played for a very long time, and this will give new arrivals in Gielinor a shot at hiscore fame alongside the grizzled veterans on equal terms for all.

We want the hiscores to reflect the full range of content that RuneScape has to offer, and hope that they will be a big draw to the full, members’ game for those interested in high-level RuneScape competition on a level playing field.

- We’re pushing back the Wilderness graphics update mentioned in Behind The Scenes, so it’ll no longer be out in November. We’re sorry about this, but it‘s necessary in order to schedule in some of our upcoming anti-bot measures[/quote]

Source

.::.

I don't play RuneScape anymore (because it's boring and I hate JaGex) but I still check the forums of the RS clan I'm sort of in (they don't care if you actually play, thankfully) and I saw this. I don't care about the new website (it looks ugly, tbh) but the In other news part just makes me shake my head over how stupid JaGex is. Every update they make it more and more obvious how much they want people's money and they truly do not give a fuck about F2Pers ('cuse my French). 

I truly truly hope Tiny Speck does not end up like them. 

Posted 13 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I laughed. One should go to their store and by the "Worst update ever!" shirt after the terrible updates such as dicing and the Halloween event. I cannot motivate myself to go on there anymore.
    Posted 13 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i do not believe that "fuck" is french. oddly, they have their own verb for that.
    Posted 13 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, JaGex hit a new low. So sad to see RuneScape continue to tumble. I played for about five years but stopped because I was frustrated with how they treated their volunteer player mods. I won't go into it because the p-mod dealings are confidential, but let's just say that I resigned and did not regret it.
    Posted 13 years ago by Serpent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @flask: "Pardon my French" or "Excuse my French" is a common English language phrase ostensibly disguising profanity as French. The phrase is uttered in an attempt to excuse the user of profanity or curses in the presence of those offended by it under the pretense of the words being part of a foreign language.
    Posted 13 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink