Topic

Rock out with your ____ out.

Quick question to everyone.
What's your favorite music to listen to while you play?

And also, what music do you listen to while you do your various activities?
I personally can only take the moaning of the bogs for so long until I have to put some real music on.

I enjoy listening to Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra while I'm mining solo, just because it's relaxing.

When I mine in a high traffic area, say Ajaya Bliss or Neva Neva, I generally put on Queen or The Animals. Just for that more high tempo vibe.

When I cook, it's usually Prince or Barry White. Because cooking is like sex for me.

When it comes down to tending to my crops and plants and whatnot, I generally put on some jazz, because I like to wet and wild with my plantlife. Nothing like a little Armstrong or T Monk to get in the mood.

And when I just ramble on throughout the Glitch world, I put on some Johnny Cash, or even some Leonard Cohen.

Anyway, what's everyone's favorite music to listen to while you do your vast and various things on Glitch?

Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Vol, you have fabulous taste. I tend to just listen to the game music though.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rev. Desdemona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just whatever I'm into that day. Fair chance a bit of Johhny Cash and Frank Zappa will happen.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A lot of showtunes, some soundtracks, some jazz, some pop, anything that keeps me awake while I mine.
    Posted 12 years ago by Serpent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm a loud electronica guy, from industrial to dubstep (generally the harsher or more hammeringly percussive stuff, tbh). Sometimes I'll throw some rap or hip-hop on, but tbh that doesn't tend to get more mainstream than Mos Def or Canibus. Metal is all right sometimes, but it's gotta be something with more than cookie-monster growling and 40-minute solos- proggy metal (not Rush or Dream Theater, stuff like Opeth or Porcupine Tree) is up my alley, as is harder rock (Deftones), doom-metal (things like Kyuss, Sleep and The Sword), and most of ATDI/Mars Volta.
    Posted 12 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Mos Def and Mars Volta, good combo, haha.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LMAO hip-hop and Mars Volta might work better than it sounds on paper: 
    El-P- Tasmanian Pain Coaster (features 3 members of Mars Volta)
    Mars Volta - The Widow (El-P Remix)
    I mean, it's not Mos Def (by any stretch) but the base idea's there ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm a folkie and a singer/songwriter type. Bring on the Wailin' Jennys, Dar Williams, KT Tunstall, Indigo Girls, Dixie Chicks, Vienna Teng, Ani DiFranco, and so on. Grew up on Simon and Garfunkel, went to grad school on Ruben Blades.
    Posted 12 years ago by Clumdalglitch Subscriber! | Permalink