Topic

should get rid of delete my account

because it just gonna cause alot people accounts gone if people hack into the account

Posted 12 years ago by Nape Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Nice.
    Posted 12 years ago by smalltalk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Difficult question given you have created an entire OP just to ask this without giving any passerby some information. Are you leaving Glitch? By the fact you're a level 1, I'm going to assume that you have been disinterested in the game itself and want to quit. Though, that is all mere speculation so what exactly is making you want to delete your account?
    Posted 12 years ago by Zapper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @zapper: i think they're saying there shouldn't be an option to delete your account because if someone's account is compromised it could be deleted against the owner's wishes. (i disagree!)
    Posted 12 years ago by syntax error Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ syntax error: That makes a lot more sense, if that's the case. I still say the OP should've put more description in their post, but I vote to keep it as if someone wants to get rid of their account, allow them to. Getting hacked in a game like this without mouthing your password in some way is difficult, so it would be most likely the owner's error to allow their account to be compromised, so that should not mean to remove a convience for slip of the tongue.
  • i have had a account on this called beanieo but one answer is what if u had that account and it took u while to work on and your account is still login at your friends and u left your account on and they know your password some and they got rid of it thats why they should have it on instead they should do is if that account havent been active for 1 year then they should get rid of that account cuz u people like game right and one friends dislike the game they can mess your account up for good and cant get it back so yea
  • wat.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • like my point of view is if one dont like the game and they like mess your account up for good then yea u guys will get mad  i delete my on this game and it like 2 clicks of a botton to get rid of it
  • I don't agree with putting a time limit on people's accounts, at least not for so short a time span of a year or 3 months. People get busy or go places and might not be able to log into Glitch as much as they would like. Being absent for 3 months for whatever reason and coming back to find your account deleted would be horrible.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • at least they should find a another way instead of the delete account botton
  • Such as what? Hoops to jump through via e-mail which would only aggravate the person who is trying to delete their own account legitimately and probably squish all hopes of them returning to Glitch again? I believe that if you were willing to give your 'friend' a password to your account that it is your responsibility to make sure nothing happens to your Glitch, not Tiny Speck's.
  • one day if u people leave your glitch open at your friends and for get to log out and they fiddle with and go under accounts and the see delete account botton there gonna be temptation to click that botton and they to know your password
  • they should just take the delete account botton off for good it was better without it
  • That's not really Tiny Speck's fault though. Your "friend" just isn't very nice to go around deleting your account for their own amusement or whatever.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • but really other mmo games dont delete accounts botton they have another way
  • Your argument is getting weaker and weaker. Let me reiterate that if you vest your trust into someone else to take care of your account, then it should be on your end to hold up to that decision. The button is there for convience of the user, like a shortcut to an application.
  • I think he wants an extra step before the account gets "deleted" such as requiring the owner to click on a confirmation link in an email.
    Posted 12 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Beanieo, you have a bunch of accounts now, I think... you just have to be careful with them! I know it's just so easy to leave yourself logged in, but if you leave your account open at your friend's house then it's kinda your own fault if they mess with it. (And they may not be as good of a "friend" as you thought...)
    Posted 12 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you've given out your password to someone, well then, you're screwed. No amount of double checking will help that, short of calling TS and providing CC and/or SS details (presuming you weren't so stupid as to provide those to your "friend" as well.)

I won't be clicking the button anytime soon, but hopefully it at least has a confirmation window to avoid accidental account deletion, and possibly a password entry to activate (although see above for why that may be moot) . That, however, is about as far as I'd go.
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Could just have a deactivate feature like Facebook has. 
    Deactivate while you're gone, and turn it back on when you come back to save the hassle of accidental deletion.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As someone who deleted my Facebook account recently, naw. It really bugged me that I had to wait two weeks for it to completely delete. Every single link I clicked on in that period, I had to be sure it wasn't to FB because that would've been read as activity on my account. Admittedly, that'd be unlikely to happen with Glitch.

The second-guessing, like 'Are you *sure* you want to delete? Probably not, we'll hang on and wait for you to change your mind' annoyed me. I wanted it dead and gone when I hit that button.
    Posted 12 years ago by Hallirackit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yea i know deleted them all and my last one a deleted
  • From the Terms of Service:
    Member Account, Username, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, username and account, and for all activities conducted through your account. You agree to notify Tiny Speck as soon as possible of any unauthorized use of your password, username or account or any other breach of security. Tiny Speck will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section, if your account is "hacked" or if your account (or the information contained therein) is otherwise deleted.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maibeh there should be an email confirm just to notch things up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • trust me once alot of people get the hang of the delete my account tab then everybody trie hacking and get rid of people accounts