Topic

How did you discover glitch?

Just thought I'd toss this out before the game goes public,

How did you find out about glitch?

For me, I was watching BBC Click and they mentioned it and the provided a link to the beta tester sign up page, this was a year or so ago.

Posted 13 years ago by HenkDroid Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Same excuse as Gertie :D
    and SO glad it happened!
    Posted 13 years ago by Chetmo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tech crunch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another ex-FS player here.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mer Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Blanky,
    For consitency's sake, you may want to put both of these in the same forum
    beta.glitch.com/forum/offto...
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I heard about it on Massively.com initially but paid it little heed until I learned of KT working on the game. Then it really grabbed my attention.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kevin Rose mentioned it a long time ago.  Signed up for the beta right away.
    Posted 13 years ago by John Galt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Through techcrunch.com as well.
    Posted 13 years ago by Kai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kai, I have been watching instructional videos on Youtube about the Diana Mini cameras. Do you happen to be the same person who made those videos?

I found Glitch through Boingboing.net
    Posted 13 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was Memorial Day weekend. I was out of town visiting my mother, and had lunch with my sister, MisAdventure . She couldn't stop talking about this wonderful game, Glitch, that she was playing (we are both game people). She kept gigggling about yoga frogs, talking trees, etc. and I was intrigued. She got me the invite, I joined as soon as I could and I have been hooked ever since.
    Posted 13 years ago by marycontrary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DIGGNATION!
    Posted 13 years ago by Lance Butterknife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @mary

That's cool! I've been trying to get my brother and wife into the game, so far with little success :P
  • @Ferond "I found it in a Web search, looking for an MMOG with no fighting." <-- I love that!

My addiction to MetaFilter lead me here! And I am so happy it did.
    Posted 13 years ago by stargirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @shipwreck, I've been trying to get people to join me and no luck either!
  • We must enlighten them, lala!

Oh, and your name doesn't happen to be for the Katamari cousin Lalala, does it? Perchance?
  • Like many people I found my way here through Faunasphere.

Posted 13 years ago by Mooquick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @shipwreck and lala512. I tried to get a friend to join, jumped through hoops to get her an invite, she played once and has never come back. You win some, you lose some, I guess!
    Posted 13 years ago by marycontrary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jason Kottke posted something on kottke.org about the Flickr developers developing a game a long, long time ago. I checked it out and it looked interesting. I signed up for an invite and basically stalked the queue jumping links. Started testing sometime during Alpha. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Merrylegs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @shipwreck, my name isn't from Katamari cousin. I wish I was that clever...hahaha

@mary, Yes, some people just don't get this game. My bf said he doesn't like to do "tasks" when he plays video games. I on the other hand love doing tasks. One of my favorite games of all time is Little King's Story. I also love the Harvest Moon series.
  • I'm another refugee from FS, that darn game broke my heart but I'm glad I found something to fill the hole :-)
    Posted 13 years ago by Rubyrox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also came here with the old FS gang. I tried to get my hubby to play FS, but he thought it was lame, but he is totally loving Glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by miskey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out about glitch from a friend from another online game. he said her was going to start playing it abd I went to the glitch site....signed up...and got an email right away. I have not been able to spend alot of time on here with the tests but I do love it and i cant wait until its on 24/7
    Posted 13 years ago by SparklePurpleTapper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read about it on TechCrunch when Stewart left Flickr and formed Tiny Speck and announced Glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by alkaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @shipwreck et al, while I've been trying to recruit my partner to Glitch, he's been trying to recruit me to Uru. We are fundamentally different types of game players, I think.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ooloi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out about Glitch from friends on Flickr, who I met in the Game Neverending, which I heard about on Metafilter, years ago.
    Posted 13 years ago by Pixel☆ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooloi, I hear goo things about Uru. A guy I played LotRO with is (or has been) making maps for it.
  • I feel like I read about it on Laughing Squid way back when, but I can't quite remember.
    Posted 13 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it was one of my last Stumbles, before I uninstalled that timewaster :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Victoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's already a thread like this out there.

And just as I said in that thread, I was informed via GayGamer.net.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not going to lie I never even remembered signing up.n I was bored at home and got an e-mail saying that the beta version would be open to me now. I almost deleted the e-mail but decided it was fate and started playing. Best decision I ever made.
    Posted 13 years ago by Effy Moon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chance (I mean, Fartenstein) sent me an invite via facebook.
    Posted 13 years ago by The Crepeist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A couple of my fellow MMORPG-nerd-mates were chatting about it one day in a game we all play. I went to the site and signed up to be a tester. Within hours, another mate on Facebook had queue-jumped me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Papa Vodou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out by a blog of a gamer, Tobold.

Here is a recent post about the launch (with interesting comments):
    Tobolds blog
    Posted 13 years ago by Miriamele Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i found out about it through twitter, a pc gaming site posted a tweet
    Posted 13 years ago by Phayz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found Glitch when a friend of mine from another social MMO game posted something on Facebook about Glitch. I signed up that day, and was able to get in on beta-testing a few days later. This was back in May. 
    I have barely played that other game since then!
    Posted 13 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • stumble upon
    Posted 13 years ago by poindexter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kotaku
    Posted 13 years ago by Chosen Predator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out about it through other writers who write for the same website as I do.
    Posted 13 years ago by GamerMom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i saw a trailer for Glitch through IGN.com and i just had to come by and check it out.
    Posted 13 years ago by Giddius Walker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Beau Hindman on Massively wrote a very nice article on it. It's a very cool social game after my first few days. I mean, yes there are some never-do-goodniks, but you'll get a few of those in any game.
    Posted 13 years ago by Demetra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Think I found it through Kotaku and believe me it pains me to say I actually visit that site.
    Posted 13 years ago by Githern Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heard about it on a gaming news site, possibly The Escapist or Epic Battle Axe, in reference to Keita Takahashi creator of Katamari was working on a new project in social gaming... Glitch.  Decided to check it out since Katamari is beautiful madness which I love.
    Posted 13 years ago by djbeema Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw it on BetaLi.st
    Posted 13 years ago by Princess Sarah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I heard about it on Geeks Are Sexy.
    Posted 13 years ago by Poppy of Detwoit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kottke!
    Posted 13 years ago by Eagan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eurogamer had a article about it.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nutty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My Katamari friends told me about it. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cirnots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My friend was googling for something else but made a typo and up popped Glitch. He passed the link to me and I got hooked. lol
    Posted 13 years ago by Myuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read about it on RPS: Wot I Think: Glitch
    Posted 13 years ago by Asha Greyjoy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Several people in the Yuletide IRC chat were talking about it a lot. So, I've been here since last week.
    Posted 13 years ago by SpringkinkZebra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Geekmom.com had an article.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tricia McMillan Subscriber! | Permalink