Topic

How did you discover glitch?

Just thought I'd toss this out before the game goes public,

How did you find out about glitch?

For me, I was watching BBC Click and they mentioned it and the provided a link to the beta tester sign up page, this was a year or so ago.

Posted 13 years ago by HenkDroid Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • I used to play a game called Faunasphere, which closed down, and as it was in its final death throws I saw someone post about Glitch on the Forums there and I saw quite a few people saying they were joining Glitch, so I thought I'd follow them over here and see what it was all about.  It took me a long long time to get an invite here, I had to wait a few months, but it was worth waiting for!
    Posted 13 years ago by Ebil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found Glitch through a BBC article... and they mentioned it on Click, did they? I sent them a tweet about it - maybe they saw it! :O 
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found Glitch through StumbleUpon, and signed up for the beta. I find everything through Stumble...
    Posted 13 years ago by Gar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same BBC article as Hburger, which may be why we started around the same time. I added my name to the alpha list right away and eventually got in by queue jumping.
    Posted 13 years ago by Amy Pond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out about Glitch through this Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/5696461/glitch-is-an-mmo-that-doesnt-look-like-anything-else

Signed up right away, and got in to the alpha by queue-jumping in January 2011 (first test of the year :) ).
    Posted 13 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also found Glitch through StumbleUpon.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fealieu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One of my group of online friends mentioned it to the rest of the group and so we all signed up and then did a queue jump when we could. Most of us started at the same time in mid January 2011.
    Posted 13 years ago by PittyPat is sad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe I first read about it in Boingboing in February of 2010, and must have signed up for some sort of mailing list. I got my alpha invite in December 2010, but wasn't able to throw myself into the game until May of this year. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Lilith Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out via metafilter.  (I find most things out via metafilter....)
    Posted 13 years ago by Suzi Nothomemaker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It sounds like I found out about Glitch much later in beta than most people in this thread. I was having a skype call with an online friend when she got the invite she'd been waiting for, and she read me a good chunk of the game writing. Everything sounded so witty and charming that I had to sign up for an invite myself, and I got the opportunity to queue-jump.

For a while we'd play together on voice call, chatting while we ran around Ur. Her interest in the game seems to have died down, but I'm hooked. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Haiku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A friend mentioned this odd little game she had started playing where she just milked a butterfly and nibbled a pig. I said it sounded cute and she sent me an invite. I was pretty much instantly hooked.
    Posted 13 years ago by Emlinel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to play an ARG called Perplexcity - one of my friends from that community told me about it.
    Posted 13 years ago by HerbertSherbert Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kevin Rose was talking about it on something, don't remember where...
    Posted 13 years ago by audiomodder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also heard about the game through Faunasphere.  Took a very long time for an invite, but finding it worth the wait.  Have seen many familiar FS folks.  If you see me wandering aimlessly around please say "Hello!"   :)
    Posted 13 years ago by SnappyJo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Recently I have been trying to remember and I can't! :(
    It was some article somewhere, that was talking about the guy who founded flickr making a browser based mmo. I signed up for an invite and totally forgot about it, when it came to my inbox I had to actually look up what it was, thought it was spam at first!

It's really annoying I can't remember what it was from! Maybe it was the BBC article but I think it was somewhere else. Interestingly I just looked up the BBC article, at the end it says "The finished game is intended to launch in autumn 2010." Wow not quite! :P
    Posted 13 years ago by case Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The same as Ebil and SnappyJo.  Faunasphere ended March 15.  I got my invite to Glitch April 15. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nanookie, it was all down to knowing Nanookie.  She asked if anyone was interested back in April and I was... it was all over from there.
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like a few others above... right before Faunasphere closed it's doors. But I got my invite on March 10 :)
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found it in a report by KZero - www.kzero.co.uk/ - a company that does virtual world marketing. I was doing research for the university I work for - but don't worry, I determined almost immediately that marketing wouldn't be appropriate here. I just stuck around for pleasure in the game and the scenery, and later the people.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ooloi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found it under a week-old cheese sandwich. I should clear up more often.
    Posted 13 years ago by Morticia Addams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it was an old old Kotaku.com post back in November. I think.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Herbertsherbert, i used to play perplex city too, i was gutted when it ended. wonder if the last 2 were ever solved.
    Posted 13 years ago by Sherbert Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out about the game via Araldia. <3
    Posted 13 years ago by Daffy Lurksalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found it in a Web search, looking for an MMOG with no fighting.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ferond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • knitmeapony. She knows about everything.
    Posted 13 years ago by Quirk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out through a friend at work who posted a thread on Yammer in the gamers group. Best thing that every happened through Yammer thus far! 
    Posted 13 years ago by Mogen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found out while looking for free online games at pcgamer.com, thought it looked cute, and looked it up :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ditto - on Faunasphere and followed my friends.  I'm so glad to be here!
    Posted 13 years ago by LunaSea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The same as Ebil and the rest of the FS gang.  I began in March via queue jump just shortly before Faunasphere closed.  I am so happy to be here with my old friends and very happy to have met so many great new friends.
    Posted 13 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Through a TechCrunch article!
    Posted 13 years ago by Napoleon Bonaparte Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like @case, I read about it in an article somewhere - maybe the same article, because I remember it being about Stoo and how Glitch was going to be different and more creative than a lot of other MMOG's and I thought it sounded interesting.  I must have signed up somewhere, in fact, I remember answering some question about why I thought I'd be a good tester, then I forgot about it and got an email out of the blue around Christmas 2010.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tradescantia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Friends dragged me here. LitaPie and SirPoox may have doubleteamed me and gotten me to sign up, despite my attempts to not get sucked into any more games on the computer. Looks like that didn't work out very well! Queue jumped, and here I am...I still remember it like it was yesterday...

"Jia...you can eat bubbles. BUBBLES!!!!!" - LitaPie
    Posted 13 years ago by Jia-pop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was telling a friend about how great GNE was. I went to show him the old museum and stuff. Then I looked up Stewart Butterfield and found out he had made this. Then I went on Flickr and there was this whole discussion on Glitch. I was late to the party unfortunately. Too bad I didn't feel nostalgic about GNE a few years earlier. Here now though. Thanks TS for making this game. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was emailed a code to join as a beta tester.  I honestly don't know how that email got to my inbox, but I am not questioning it (much)!
    Posted 13 years ago by Eliza Thornybur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ex FS player...was suggested in the forums at bigfishes....so I applied.  I had actually completely forgotten about the game until I got the invite. YAY!  Glad I got it.  Its so fun
    Posted 13 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was told about Glitch by way of Ankhet, a tiny text-based game that is about as un-Glitch-like as possible.
    Posted 13 years ago by Akhen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A couple of friends were chatting about it on facebook, so I looked it up, signed up and thought it would take months to get in, and then one of them invited me with the command: COME PET THE TREES!

So I did. And since then I've gotten my partner in crime and my cousin involved, plus 2 more of our friends have joined up...and kabam! Life will never be the same, thanks to all of you. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I learned of the game through my sister @Haiku who told her story above. We've been playing semi-together since the summer. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sherbert you did! We should catch up when the game is open :)
    Posted 13 years ago by HerbertSherbert Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I heard about Glitch from friends while playing faunasphere,  didn't think I wanted to even try Glitch but am really glad I did, I've already made friends with a lot of very nice people.  
    Posted 13 years ago by Emerald Fern Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heard about it via social media!  Clicked a link, and here I am.  ^_^
    Posted 13 years ago by Gant Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read a review, possibly Tech Crunch, way back last year and signed up then. But it was mid Jan before I managed to jump onboard via the queue jump when one of my online friends alerted me it was open.
    Posted 13 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A friend asked if I'd like an invite since they knew I loved collecting/hoarding/making food (and other things) in Ultima 7 :D Had absolutely no idea about what Glitch was :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Serilyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I heard about Glitch at the closing of Faurasphere like the other FS gang here.
    Posted 13 years ago by Molly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw a topic with Glitch trailer on our ukrainian magazine site named Gameplay.
    Posted 13 years ago by B.Kind Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am not quite sure.  I was living in this brain to save on rent, and I went to get a sammich and then I tripped, and I jumped to keep from hurting myself on a ganglion, and then next thing I knew it was all grass and sunshine and pigs...
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like the rest of the Faunasphere refugees.....here I am!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Fstra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Didn't I leave a comment  here a few hours ago?  There must be more than one of these threads
    Posted 13 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://beta.glitch.com/forum/general/6546/
    Posted 13 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had an invite from an awesome Glitch a few tests back. That was a lucky day! So glad to be here. Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Posted 13 years ago by Gertie Mack Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3