Topic

How far out of my way I go for you, Glitch...

I am an intensely non-morning person. INTENSELY. The only time the crack of dawn is at all palatable is when I have a slow introduction to it, preferably with a heads-up at least six hours in advance.

Thing is? I can't get into the game any other time but from ungodly o'clock to about 11:30. (And I have CLASSES from 9:30-12:30, which means that I roll out of bed at 8:30, sleepily sniff yesterday's T-shirt to see if it's still acceptably clean within a given definition of "acceptable", and shuffle to the computer to play 45 minutes of Glitch.)
Any other time of day, I impatiently watch the loading screen (which is a lot more entertaining now, thank you, devs) and then a little swirling circular loading-thingy starts going. And going. And going. And going. And nothing happens after that. I have tested this. EXTENSIVELY.
My college's internet is just too mugglefucking slow at any other time of day, WHICH IS WHY I AM STARTING THIS THREAD TO OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THAT GLITCH IS AWESOME ENOUGH FOR ME TO RENOUNCE MY NIGHTOWLISH WAYS AND SET MY CELLPHONE ALARM FOR *SIX. IN THE MORNING*.
Just so that I can play for THREE hours per day instead of 45 minutes plus whatever moments I can grab on my lunch break. D:

Good job, devs. Well played.

Posted 13 years ago by Arii Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Arii, I totally know what you mean. Before launch I would do this, too, and I am also a super night owl. I find that sometimes I wake up at 4AM just to play a bit and then wander back into slumber, lol.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so awesome! I can tell by the all caps that you, like me, are not a morning person! But, moved to Off Topic. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Often I stay up really late playing, thinking "hey, I don't have to get up till 10:30 or 11 am."  And then my cat will wake me up at 8:30 or some crap, and instead of rolling over and going back to sleep like I usually do, I will get up and play glitch.  I do not think I can overstate the sheer abnormality of that happening.
    Posted 13 years ago by Varekai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I usually wake up at about 6:30 am for work. Since I have started playing Glitch, I now do the following:

- Get up at 6:15 instead. I use the extra 15 minutes to get on Glitch, harvest crops from the night before and plant fresh ones, harvest and water my trees and make sure my animals are well fed by emptying and re-filling their feeders/milkers. All before the morning shower and breakfast.

- As a bit of a 'foody', I like to make the evening meal when I get home. So while I'm making the evening meal, I make my girlfriend - who's on the computer at the time - sit with a Glitch tab open to monitor my skill progress. When the counter reaches zero, she's informed which skill she's to learn next.

And finally...

- I work for a national company here in the UK which employs well over 1500 people. I have informed their IT department that they should update to the most recent version of flash so that I may book my work-related travel and overnight accommodation more effectively through numerous travel sites. I lied. It's actually so that I can get in to Ur on my break/lunch and pet my piggies.

Glitch: it's more than just a game; it's a lifestyle change!
    Posted 13 years ago by Papa Vodou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thank the devs for the Glitch HQ App on iOS ... like Papa, our systems at work don't have the current version of Flash (not to mention they'd throw a royal fit if anyone was caught playing a game at work).

@Arii: I've noticed performance issues differ between browsers. On Apple's Safari, for example, I end up with enormous lag, and in one instance, the inability to jump. I switched to Chrome, and the game runs fine. But I'm already up at oh-Groddle thirty, so I ain't getting up any earlier, even for Glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • mugglefucking. it just had to be said again.
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink